PDA

View Full Version : playlist shuffle?

cheezit
Nov 3, 2006, 10:45 AM
is there a way to shuffle a playlist

i made a special play list then when i went to play it i could not find Anything at all that would allow me to shuffle it on the ipod itself it's a 30gb

calculus
Nov 3, 2006, 01:11 PM
Select 'settings' then 'shuffle' then change it from 'off' to 'songs'. Start playing your playlist and it will be in a shuffle stylee...

adrianblaine
Nov 3, 2006, 01:14 PM
Select 'settings' then 'shuffle' then change it from 'off' to 'songs'. Start playing your playlist and it will be in a shuffle stylee...

I use this all the time too, but it is frustrating because I like some playlists shuffled and some not. With this turned on it will shuffle every playlist that you listen to. I hope this fix this in the future.

ozontheroad
Nov 3, 2006, 01:19 PM
is there a way to shuffle a playlist

i made a special play list then when i went to play it i could not find Anything at all that would allow me to shuffle it on the ipod itself it's a 30gb

on the bottom left of the iTunes window you have 4 buttons
.new playlist
.shuffle songs
.repeat
.artwork

iTunes will remember the selection for every playlist

adrianblaine
Nov 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
.new playlist
.shuffle songs
.repeat
.artwork

Will it remember that on the iPod as well?

ozontheroad
Nov 3, 2006, 01:25 PM
Will it remember that on the iPod as well?

i don't know... i have a shuffle

adrianblaine
Nov 3, 2006, 01:28 PM
i don't know... i have a shuffle

lol, that does make it kind of hard to know then. Sorry about that!

ozontheroad
Nov 3, 2006, 01:30 PM
lol, that does make it kind of hard to know then. Sorry about that!

:D LMAO

reubs
Dec 15, 2006, 08:46 AM
.new playlist
.shuffle songs
.repeat
.artwork

That doesn't seem to stick once the iPod is synced up.

I know you can just tell the iPod to shuffle songs, but that's pain if you want to listen to an album or something and the whole album is shuffled and out of order. Anyone have any other suggestions that will make certain playlists shuffle once they are on the iPod?

jMc
Dec 15, 2006, 09:57 AM
That doesn't seem to stick once the iPod is synced up.

I know you can just tell the iPod to shuffle songs, but that's pain if you want to listen to an album or something and the whole album is shuffled and out of order. Anyone have any other suggestions that will make certain playlists shuffle once they are on the iPod?

I'm a long time iPod user and as far as I'm aware, all you can do is manually change the shuffle setting in Settings when you move to a playlist you do or do not want to listen to shuffled. It would be nice if the iPod was able to shuffle or not shuffle on a playlist by playlist basis based upon the iTunes settings, but it just doesn't... It's annoying, but it's hardly an effort to change the setting.

jx

reubs
Dec 15, 2006, 02:08 PM
I'm a long time iPod user and as far as I'm aware, all you can do is manually change the shuffle setting in Settings when you move to a playlist you do or do not want to listen to shuffled. It would be nice if the iPod was able to shuffle or not shuffle on a playlist by playlist basis based upon the iTunes settings, but it just doesn't... It's annoying, but it's hardly an effort to change the setting.

jx

Yeah, I understand your point. It's not so much an effort, but an annoyance. It just looks like an oversight, but maybe there's some profound technical reason it can't be done.