PDA

View Full Version : Please help with SHUFFLE 2G

ddk121
Nov 3, 2006, 12:56 PM
Hey!
Just got my new shuffe today. In iTunes, how do I turn off autofill?
Sorry if this is a stupid question :rolleyes:

WildCowboy
Nov 3, 2006, 01:06 PM
If it works like the first-generation shuffles, there is no "turning off" of Autofill...you just don't click the Autofill button. Instead you drag specific songs or playlists onto the shuffle in the source list.

From the iTunes help menu:

Loading songs onto iPod shuffle
You can autofill your iPod shuffle with songs from your library or a playlist. You can also load songs onto it manually, in addition to or instead of autofilling.

Autofilling selects different songs each time.

To load music onto your iPod shuffle:

1. Connect your iPod shuffle to your computer.
For more information, see the documentation that came with your iPod shuffle.

2. Do one or more of the following:
- To load songs manually, drag them to your iPod in the list of devices. If you'd like iTunes to automatically fill the remaining space, deselect "Replace all items when Autofilling." (If the checkbox is selected when you click Autofill, songs you dragged to your iPod are replaced.)
- To load songs automatically from your library or a playlist, choose Music or a playlist from the "Autofill from" pop-up menu. When you're ready to automatically load songs to your iPod shuffle, click Autofill.
- To have iTunes load songs randomly from the source you selected (instead of in order), select “Choose items randomly." When you're ready to automatically load songs to your iPod shuffle, click Autofill.

iTunes loads the songs that fit on your iPod shuffle, and deletes any songs previously on your iPod shuffle but not in the current playlist. Any non-music files, such as documents, remain on your iPod shuffle.

Songs that weren't loaded (because there was not enough space, for example) have a gray dot beside them in the iPod shuffle playlist.

For more information about using your iPod shuffle, see the documentation that came with your iPod shuffle or visit the iPod website.

ozontheroad
Nov 3, 2006, 01:07 PM
Hey!
Just got my new shuffe today. In iTunes, how do I turn off autofill?
Sorry if this is a stupid question :rolleyes:

which version of iTunes are you using?

In iTunes 7.0.2 you need to select a playlist or the library to autofill your iPod.

By default all of the songs in your Library are checked, so the easier way to select the songs that you want to load to your shuffle is to create a playlist and then select to autofill from there. These options are on the "options" tab.

In the "contents" tab you will find other options. I recommend selecting the "enable sound check"

Other options truly optional

ddk121
Nov 3, 2006, 01:09 PM
Oh kk thanks. What does sound check do?

WildCowboy
Nov 3, 2006, 01:11 PM

Supposedly it adjusts all of the songs to play at the same relative volume so that you don't get a loud song followed by a quiet song based on how they were encoded.

A lot of people don't like it because it doesn't always work well and can distort the sound. But it can come in handy.

XIII
Nov 3, 2006, 01:11 PM

Adjusts your track volumes so that they are all equal.

Edit: Bleugh.. :p

ozontheroad
Nov 3, 2006, 01:13 PM

not sure really... but i like to make iTunes work for its money :D