PDA

View Full Version : Shuffle Advertisements Faked?

monke
Nov 3, 2006, 06:30 PM
Is it just me or is the Shuffle ad on Apple's website look like it was PS'ed in? The one in this picture: http://images.apple.com/home/2006/images/ipodshufflepocket20061102.jpg

The Shuffle just doesn't look like it belongs there. Thoughts?

nitynate
Nov 3, 2006, 06:31 PM
Looks VERY photoshopped.

Apple fails at this round.

monke
Nov 3, 2006, 06:39 PM
I slightly glanced at it and figured it instantly and wondered if anyone else had figured it out.

I can't figure out why they wouldn't let a person just wear it, everyone's seen them in pictures by now anyways.

Some of the ads in the 3,000,000 contest were better. :)

Nermal
Nov 3, 2006, 06:43 PM
I, too, thought it looked odd.

Rojo
Nov 3, 2006, 06:54 PM
I can see why someone would think it looks fake, but it's probably real.

I know pictures I've taken MYSELF can sometimes look fake -- as if it was me shootong people against a fake background or something. So I wouldn't assume this ad was a fake. Why would it need to be?

monke
Nov 3, 2006, 07:02 PM
Rojo, I have also taken photo's that have looked fake and could also understand that this one was taken and not PS'ed, just the way the Shuffle is clipped onto the pocket doesn't look right to me.

applemacdude
Nov 3, 2006, 07:05 PM
i dont get it

monke
Nov 3, 2006, 07:07 PM
i dont get it

What is there to get? The iPod Shuffle looks like Apple copy and pasted it into the picture, making it look fake, why they would do this stumbles some of us. :D

Hummer
Nov 3, 2006, 07:12 PM
I think it's real. The headphones near the jacket part look real.

tech4all
Nov 3, 2006, 07:15 PM
When I first saw it, it looked fine to me. Still does actually. Besides why would Apple need to Photoshop it?

Hummer
Nov 3, 2006, 07:17 PM
When I first saw it, it looked fine to me. Still does actually. Besides why would Apple need to Photoshop it?

Most of the stuff on the Apple site are just digital renderings.

If you noticed everything has a cartoony look.

jsw
Nov 3, 2006, 07:18 PM
Looks pretty real to me:

Looks fake:

Hard to say:

SamIchi
Nov 3, 2006, 07:23 PM
Looks kind of fake cause it shows the shuffle straight on, with no particular perspective except the frontal. I don't think they would Pshop an ad so easy, but who knows. There are somoe shadows showing from the shuffle so I assume it's not Pshopped.

tech4all
Nov 3, 2006, 07:26 PM
Most of the stuff on the Apple site are just digital renderings.

If you noticed everything has a cartoony look.

True, I've noticed that about the Mac mini (http://www.apple.com/macmini/). The gradients on the side look to "nice".

But the pictures with the Shuffle look real to me for some reason. I mean I can see how others say they might look fake....but they also look real.

sycho
Nov 3, 2006, 07:26 PM
Hard to say:

Whoa!!, I was listening to "Hard to Say" by the Used when I read your post, creepy....

roadapple
Nov 3, 2006, 07:31 PM
very androgynous pic

adrianblaine
Nov 3, 2006, 07:35 PM
very androgynous pic

I agree, I thought the same thing myself when I saw their new ads.

spicyapple
Nov 3, 2006, 07:40 PM
Clothes look like it was bought at a vintage store. Is that the latest in teen fashion these days?

I see no reason why these pics would be photoshopped. The shuffles may have been cleaned up and gone through a dodge and burn process to even out the tonal range.

jsw
Nov 3, 2006, 07:44 PM
I see no reason why these pics would be photoshopped. The shuffles may have been cleaned up and gone through a dodge and burn process to even out the tonal range.
Oh, I don't think any of them are faked, but I think a couple of them look a bit fake.

archurban
Nov 4, 2006, 06:57 AM
I don't understand why you think it is fake? they have product, and just shot for AD. is it even needed photoshop? I don't think so. there is no reason why Apple makes fake one. if you know, tell me why?

gloss
Nov 4, 2006, 07:09 AM
Most likely retouched. No reason to fake them outright.

I imagine the full-frontal perspective stems from the fact that...well...the product is the focus of the ad. The clothes and composition were chosen in such a way to make the Shuffle stand out, not to draw attention to themselves. And I'm sure they livened it up a bit in Photoshop to emphasize that.

musicpenguy
Nov 4, 2006, 09:54 PM
I have taken glances when I walk by a mirror or glass, and the ads pretty much give a real look of how they look, they are not fake.

Not sure why this topic got started :)

psycoswimmer
Nov 4, 2006, 09:58 PM
I think the cord on the jacket looks fake.. It's too blurry or something.

kymac
Nov 4, 2006, 10:24 PM
You can see the shadow of the shuffle, to the left of it on the pocket. I think they're real. They wouldn't take the time to bring in models for a photoshoot and not have them wear the iPod. Pointless.

Artofilm
Nov 4, 2006, 11:03 PM
Does this look fake?

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/11/30800011663.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3904783)

You never know...

puckhead193
Nov 4, 2006, 11:13 PM
i think it looks fake, the way its position seems like it would fall off. LIke the clip isn't clipping on to much fabric so it will fall off easily

MegaSignal
Nov 5, 2006, 09:52 AM
Which is quite normal, so as to exemplifiy the product.

I've seen this with many products - the worst being the car companies.

It gets questionable when a tooth paste company shows teeth that are out-of-this-world white, as it implies certain "results".

Apple merely wants to ensure that the product details are not lost within all of the denim, buttons, etc.

EricNau
Nov 5, 2006, 10:08 AM
They do look a bit fake... although they are probably real.

Maybe the shuffle is so small our minds can't fully comprehend it's presence, yet. ;) :D

monke
Jan 31, 2007, 04:58 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=61328

I would say this one is a fake. Look at the new one:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5183/picture1oa0.png

G5Unit
Jan 31, 2007, 05:03 PM

I noticed that but was to lazy to post.

jsw
Jan 31, 2007, 05:06 PM
Now I think it's real - if you look closely, the jacket and original Shuffle aren't the same between pics.

monke
Jan 31, 2007, 05:10 PM
Now I think it's real - if you look closely, the jacket and original Shuffle aren't the same between pics.

I'm pretty sure the jackets are the same. The first one though looks like it's be redone in PS, or another image editor. The buttons look glassy compared to the second one.

xUKHCx
Jan 31, 2007, 05:13 PM
Stop making me examine pictures of the shuffle, you will make me buy one.

Everytime that advert where it switches people putting on clothes i get that little bit closer to buying it.

I don't need it, but i do want it.

monke
Jan 31, 2007, 05:15 PM
Stop making me examine pictures of the shuffle, you will make me buy one.

Everytime that advert where it switches people putting on clothes i get that little bit closer to buying it.

I don't need it, but i do want it.

Same here. :D

iMeowbot
Jan 31, 2007, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the jackets are the same.
Same jacket, but not the same photo. the most obvious difference is the fold near the bottom of the left pocket (on the model's left, that is).

The first one though looks like it's be redone in PS, or another image editor. The buttons look glassy compared to the second one.

The Shuffle in the older shot looks like a dummy, or at least not a final production unit. The top isn't white.

xUKHCx
Jan 31, 2007, 05:16 PM
The top isn't white.

Yeah it is.:confused:

However i do get what you are talking about, the white circle on the original one does look "off" when compared with the newer image.

smueboy
Jan 31, 2007, 05:36 PM
Same jacket, but not the same photo. the most obvious difference is the fold near the bottom of the left pocket (on the model's left, that is).

I agree. But they've both been photoshopped considerably, which is to be expected for this sort of advertising. The question is, are the colours of the shuffles in the pics realistic? I haven't seen them yet.

wmmk
Jan 31, 2007, 06:02 PM
I know pictures I've taken MYSELF can sometimes look fake -- as if it was me shootong people against a fake background or something. So I wouldn't assume this ad was a fake. Why would it need to be?
haha, I know what you mean. I have this one picture of me (in a red polo shirt) standing in front of Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water house. looks SO fake.
Oh, I don't think any of them are faked, but I think a couple of them look a bit fake.
I think you are being sarcastic!:p
I don't understand why you think it is fake? they have product, and just shot for AD. is it even needed photoshop? I don't think so. there is no reason why Apple makes fake one. if you know, tell me why?
maybe these were shot before the products were released and apple didn't want models and photographers to leak any info?

agreed. the original one is so much blurrier than the color ones.