Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
There's a bug in the header search. If you are not logged in, and try to use the search bar in the header, it won't work because the image verification screws it up.

Not sure what you can do to fix it, but thought I'd give you a heads-up.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
The one in the header works fine, but the vBulletin one doesn't work for me, since the update to the forums. Just the new software probably.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, I've had to do an advanced search to get anywhere, and that involves entering the characters from an image which are almost impossible for this madman to recognise half the time.

I've mentioned it before, but I thought I'd say it again in case it got missed. When not logged in, I get the top banner appearing after the first post in all threads, no matter the platform or browser. Very strange. Once again, this started after the upgrades. :)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I have this problem with the navbar template

Attachments

• navbar.png
    navbar.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 197

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I find reinstalling the OS is the only equivalent of permission repairing on PCs. Occasionally it works, just like the Mac routine.

That's not just anti-windowsism actually before we get loads of windows fans turning up... :p You also have to make sure you do at least 2-pass formatting, not just clearing the MBR, otherwise a lot of the file permissions stay as they where... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.