Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Lately, quite frequently (about 50% of the time) threads haven't been marking themselves as being read in my control panel, even after I've read them.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Try deleting your cookies (and then log back in). That usually helps.

But, you're right, it does happen quite frequently. Has some of the last two upgrades of vB messed with the cookies...?

Edit: And right now it seems it's time for a new cleaning of the cookie jar:

Picture 2.jpg

Edit2: Yepp, cleaned out old cookies, logged back in, re-read the thread, and voilà:

Picture 1.jpg

A bit tiresome, but it usually works... :) for a little while... :(

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
^^ I'm not so sure about that. It's been going on for a while (i.e. from before the latest vB upgrade) and happened again today (as you can see from my post above).

L

Lau

I've this for ages — it'll happen for a day or a couple of hours, and then other times it'll be fine. It's annoying, but a good workaround I've found (if you browse the forums the way I do) is to hit New Posts, read all the threads you want to, then go to Quick Links and select Mark Forums Read.

Above that is Today's Posts, and I usually hit that afterwards and read any new threads that have slipped past since I last pressed it, and then New Posts works for just the posts after that.

I find I have to browse like this for a day or so at times. It just seems to work intermittently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.