PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake development halted?

MacinJosh
Nov 4, 2006, 04:57 AM
http://multics.dynalias.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12

I do hope to see a working universal build...

Joshua.

jamesmcd
Nov 4, 2006, 05:09 AM
eh? Handbrake is a Universal Binary. I am using it right now on my Intel iMac and it's ripping a DVD at around 90fps.

FleurDuMal
Nov 4, 2006, 05:13 AM
It's already universal build.

MacTheRipper, on the other hand, we're still waiting for... :(

MacinJosh
Nov 4, 2006, 05:17 AM
eh? Handbrake is a Universal Binary. I am using it right now on my Intel iMac and it's ripping a DVD at around 90fps.

Obviously I'm talking about a universal build that supports 640x480 H.264. Did you even read the link?

It's already universal build.

MacTheRipper, on the other hand, we're still waiting for... :(

I'm not waiting... I have it...

Joshua.

FleurDuMal
Nov 4, 2006, 05:52 AM
I'm not waiting... I have it...

Joshua.

Where did you get it from? I know there's a beta floating around, but I thought that was only for appointed testers or something.

MacinJosh
Nov 4, 2006, 05:59 AM
Where did you get it from? I know there's a beta floating around, but I thought that was only for appointed testers or something.

Shhh... It's a secret :)

Joshua.

Will_reed
Nov 4, 2006, 06:36 AM

90 FPS!? HOLLY ****!!! can your dvd drive even spit out the data that fast!?

Sesshi
Nov 4, 2006, 07:10 AM
Seems like good news for the writer, but bad news for us. I was waiting with baited breath for a full Windows version. Does the announcement have any effect on that?

FleurDuMal
Nov 4, 2006, 08:00 AM
Shhh... It's a secret :)

Joshua.

Ermmm...OK.

milo
Nov 4, 2006, 08:04 AM
The headline is completely wrong.

Development isn't getting halted, it's being opened up more. This is a good thing since the original programmer hasn't worked on it in months, hopefully it will mean a real update at some point.

MacinJosh
Nov 4, 2006, 08:50 AM
The headline is completely wrong.

Development isn't getting halted, it's being opened up more. This is a good thing since the original programmer hasn't worked on it in months, hopefully it will mean a real update at some point.

Headline wrong? The guy who gave us a version of Handbrake that does 640x480 H.264 (PPC) now says that he doesn't have time to develop and *hopes* that the other guy will continue and you're saying it is a good thing? I really do hope you're right but I thing you're the one who's wrong.

Joshua.

milo
Nov 6, 2006, 12:36 PM
Headline wrong? The guy who gave us a version of Handbrake that does 640x480 H.264 (PPC) now says that he doesn't have time to develop and *hopes* that the other guy will continue and you're saying it is a good thing? I really do hope you're right but I thing you're the one who's wrong.

This guy had already picked up from the original guy, who had stopped development, and he wasn't the only one working on it, was he? The source code is now available to anyone who wants to work on it.