PDA

View Full Version : Random question re: 2G nano "feel"

Chundles
Nov 5, 2006, 12:10 AM
Hey everyone with 2G nanos, I just want to know something. My mini feels like metal, cold, slightly heavier than you'd think. Does the nano feel similar? I mean, is the layer of aluminium thick enough to feel metallic or does it just feel like plastic?

No real reason behind the question, just something I'd like to know.

Cheers.

zephead
Nov 5, 2006, 12:36 AM
My sister's got a 2G nano and it feels just like the mini in terms of texture. It doesn't feel plastic-ish, but it is very light, maybe like a little more than a small stack of post-it notes.

eXan
Nov 5, 2006, 05:45 AM
Judging by my dad's black 2G nano, it doesnt seem very metalish. I owned a mini and I can say that mini's thicker metal "armor" ;) felt better. But nonetheless, new nanos are still aluminium, which you feel as aluminium, not plastic :)

i0Nic
Nov 5, 2006, 05:54 AM
Feels very much like metal to me. It's quite light, but when I set my nano onto my desk it makes a satisfying metallic 'thud' sound which gives the impression of something heavy duty.

thewhitehart
Nov 5, 2006, 06:47 AM
It also feels cold like metal, much colder than plastic would feel at the same temperature. My hands definitely convey the word 'metal' to my brain when I pick it up rather than 'plastic'. Then again it is 7 C in my room.

N10248
Nov 5, 2006, 07:07 AM
One thing ive noticed about the new nano is that when its docked on my ipod hi-fi the metal casing is slighly static charged - touching the metal with one finger feels "sticky" but it goes away if the hi-fi is unplugged.
It may be a side effect of the battery charging, as the new nanos battery takes up nearly the whole internal space.

anyone else notice this or can try this with a hi-fi to see if its common?