PDA

View Full Version : [Any] Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Abulia
Nov 7, 2006, 05:22 PM
This came up in another thread and I searched but couldn't find one for MUA...until now!

All of my comments are regarding the 360 version so I can't speak to other consoles.

* Drop in-out co-op via hotseat or XBL
* Story or arcade mode
* About 20 plus characters and more that you can unlock
* RPG-lite ability; spend points to unlock/upgrade powers and costumes
* Essentially the sequel to X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends II; gameplay improved, however
* Create your own superteam and upgrade team abilities

Team my friends and I have been playing:
Iron Man
Wolverine
Human Torch
Iceman

Iron Man is uber-powerful, we've found. He gets a pretty early radial attack (AoE) that he can spam for massive damage. I have a 2 level lead on all the other characters for no other reason that using that. He also has a team buff that lowers power (focus) consumption by 30%. It's awesome for boss battles.

In single-player story mode I've found Deadpool to be quite the guy too. He has a HUGE buff that can add +15 dmg to all attacks, per press. Couple that with Iron Man's radial and it gets sick quick.

Captain America's US Soldier costume supposedly (I haven't unlocked it yet) has a passive team buff that 15% of the time, when a power is used, it will gain THREE dots of strength. :eek:

Essentially if you liked the first two X-Men games you'll probably like this one. The story doesn't make a lot of sense and the gameplay core is unchanged, but they've tweaked lots of bits to make it more fun than evar.

Oh and, obviously it looks HOT in 1080i widescreen.

MacRumorUser
Nov 7, 2006, 05:34 PM
arr you started a new one for me. I'm so spoilt :p

Iron man is that good ? Interesting.

Like I said in the other thread I've been using The Thing as his clobber is mighty powerful, I like Human Torch as he has a powerful fire attacks and the radial fire attack is good in close combat. Mr Fantastic I like because i dont get close to a person when fighting them.

Then i flit between Captain America and IceMan for the final character.

I find the female characters to be a bit pants. ELEKTRA is utterly useless. I dont quite get that moon guy, what's he all about..

Yeah it does look nice in 1080i. Atlantis & China are really attractive.

eva01
Nov 7, 2006, 07:22 PM
Lets see. you have Marvel here. A whole bunch of crap, just look at Civil War and that is a horrible story. So any Marvel game will be horrible because the story will be zero. Now a DC game based on infinite crisis or 52 would be pretty cool

GFLPraxis
Nov 7, 2006, 09:08 PM
Lets see. you have Marvel here. A whole bunch of crap, just look at Civil War and that is a horrible story. So any Marvel game will be horrible because the story will be zero. Now a DC game based on infinite crisis or 52 would be pretty cool

Civil War rocks. :p

MacRumorUser
Nov 8, 2006, 05:06 AM
Batman is Robins sugar daddy..

Dagless
Nov 8, 2006, 05:12 AM
Hold up... a decent comic book game? Might have to check this one out.

mystereojones
Nov 8, 2006, 08:07 AM
MUA is a pretty cool game. I got it last week but I'm stuck on defeating Kraken (that huge lizard thing). I like Iceman in the game. The game will remind people of those Raven Software X-Men titles but the graphics are ridiculously good. I can see why it has drawn so much praise.

Hold up... a decent comic book game? Might have to check this one out.

Sdashiki
Nov 8, 2006, 08:18 AM
MUA is a pretty cool game. I got it last week but I'm stuck on defeating Kraken (that huge lizard thing). I like Iceman in the game. The game will remind people of those Raven Software X-Men titles but the graphics are ridiculously good. I can see why it has drawn so much praise.

the part with the 4 large pillars surrounding him?

with the yellow arrows inside the pillars?

defeat the little men, wait for kraken to break a pillar, go inside and press a button combo that comes up, kraken knocks pillar onto self. repeat 3 more times.

dead.

MacRumorUser
Nov 8, 2006, 09:27 AM
the part with the 4 large pillars surrounding him?

with the yellow arrows inside the pillars?

defeat the little men, wait for kraken to break a pillar, go inside and press a button combo that comes up, kraken knocks pillar onto self. repeat 3 more times.

dead.

yeah it's fairly easy as boss battles go.

Abulia
Nov 8, 2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the threadcrap! Bye!

eva01
Nov 8, 2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the threadcrap! Bye!

Hi, Marvel has sucked for a very long time with their storylines, so a Marvel games storyline can't be good, henceforth the game wont be that good because of the story.

so not threadcrap

MacRumorUser
Nov 8, 2006, 11:26 AM
it's a frickin button basher party mele game. who cares about plot :rolleyes: :p

eva01
Nov 8, 2006, 11:29 AM
it's a frickin button basher party mele game. who cares about plot :rolleyes: :p

I liked the story in the Teen Titans game that seems to be very similar to this one

zelmo
Nov 8, 2006, 11:30 AM
I'm determined to wait for the Wii:rolleyes: version. I picked up a trailer disk at Target the other night, and it looks like fun with the Wiimote.

MacRumorUser
Nov 8, 2006, 11:35 AM
I've never been into comic books, as a kid they simply werent part of the equation. I'd rather read a book than a comic, but I do like super hero games (except any superman games, they've all been dire over the last 20 years ;) )

GFLPraxis
Nov 9, 2006, 12:06 AM
Hi, Marvel has sucked for a very long time with their storylines, so a Marvel games storyline can't be good, henceforth the game wont be that good because of the story.

so not threadcrap

I prefer Marvel's storyline's to DC's. Civil War has been the best read I've had in a long time; better than Infinite Crisis.

Bubbasteve
Nov 9, 2006, 01:00 AM
My team:

Iron Man: I usually play as him....he's clutch
The Human Torch: My roommate plays as him...he always dies though
Spiderman: When my roommate dies, Spiderman is his alt so there ya go
Wolverine: His life regens quickly....what more can you say?

I really like the game but once I get GoW I dunno how much longer I'll play it :o