PDA

View Full Version : iBook Battery

Frankf300
Nov 8, 2006, 12:36 PM
I've had my iBook G3 for a little less than a week now(refurb) and so far I'm loving OS X and the whole machine itself. The only thing that seems a little funny is that while the AC adapter is plugged in the time will read charged, but percentage will read about 98-99. I calibrated the battery last night and it charged to 100 and by the time I shut it down to go to bed it was at 99...now it's reading 98. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm using an iGo Juice 70 adapter because the company sent me a broken power brick, but they are sending me a new one. The battery still lasts a solid 3 hours. I plan to have it plugged in most of the time and run down the battery every month or so, and use it off battery power occasionally. I was just curious if this was something to worry about. I figure maybe because it's such an old battery that it doesn't hold its charge too well.

Frankf300
Nov 8, 2006, 07:38 PM
Cmon...anybody?

mad jew
Nov 9, 2006, 06:31 PM
By default, Apple laptops will not start charging until they fall below 95%. This prevents constant charging and discharging on the battery's part, which would reduce its lifespan. :)