Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vgoklani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Hi,

Just curious, which 160GB drive is Apple using in the C2 MPB? Is it the Perpendicular-Recording drive made by Seagate? I have read some post where people seem to implicitly assume that this is the drive, but are there any confirmations?

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
Sadly no. Mine cames with the Hitachi. Uses the perpendicular technology though. I hate Hitachi on the other hand and was hoping I'd get one with the Seagate.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Oh bummer! I had hoped they were putting the Seagate in there. I really like mine and the 5 year warranty is great! I look forward to seeing how happy people are with the Hitachi's...

adamsen87

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2005
With OEM products the harddrives and memorys etc are not under that normals companies Warranty Plan but goes under Apple's so doesn't matter if it's a Seagate or Hitachi in that sense

//adamsen87

NorCalLights

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
With OEM products the harddrives and memorys etc are not under that normals companies Warranty Plan but goes under Apple's so doesn't matter if it's a Seagate or Hitachi in that sense
=

Yep... you'll only get 3 years of warranty if you buy Apple Care... 1 year if you don't. Regardless of the drive manufacturer.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
Hitachi's not that bad of a brand. They took over IBM, and hopefully solved all the DeathStar drive problems. (My DarkStar worked fine)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.