PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6280 reliability

needthephone
Nov 10, 2006, 06:52 AM
Apple seem to get a lot of publicity about unrelaible products. I think we should put the ipod's issues in persepective.

I was upgraded to nokia 6280 phone and since it is also an MP3 player I have PUT OFF my purchase of an ipod (either a phone or this video thingy)

Well it is an extremely poor MP3 player, sound is OK but navigating through the library is horrible, its difficult to name tracks and the software is buggy and useability is basically non existant.

All it's good for is playing songs randomly.

It's also very un reliable.

I am on my second phone after 3 months and yesterday when I was running the speaker came on and it now ignores the headphones.

This is obviously such a rushed un finished product to try and jump nokia on the MP3 phone band wagon.

I used to like nokia as a brand, now I would never consider a phone from them again as trying to get it fixed is a nightmare. The network (3 ) blame Nokia, Nokia blame 3. I had to go into the shop and complain to get a new unit (incidentally they just gave me one straight out and asked me to sign a register of return 6280's-they had a whole pile to give out as apparently this phone DOES have KNOWN issues )

A freind also has similarly bad experiences with LG music phones.

Anyone else know of similar issues?

Surely apple can do better than this?

Allotriophagy
Nov 10, 2006, 06:57 AM
If Apple do better, then it is simply because they put an iPod inside a phone and maintain the interface and input.

Every MP3-playing phone I have had was miserably useless for MP3 use.

Ubuntu
Nov 10, 2006, 01:53 PM
I had the 6280, it was okay. Dirt got under the screen easily, and the speaker sucked.

Before that I had the W800. Much better phone, great MP3 player (especially when you ditch the in ear headphones for Apple in ear headphones), but to be honest I wouldn't use it anyway because if I use it as an iPod, and I need it as a phone, I might be stuffed, because the battery might die...