Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uselessdreamer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Kentucky
hey guys im very new into making my own website and im just learing HTML. I eventually want a nice java webdesign. Everything is so confusing though!!! Anyway i was wondering if someone knew the code to get .mp3's to play with html. Ive read about midi's, but there gay.

Uselessdreamer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Kentucky
i think thats a link thing, like you click it and it plays. id like to have something playing while they are looking at my pictures. Thanks though!;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If you put the embed / object code in the actual page that has the pictures, it's embedded within *that* page. It's only embedded within a pop-up window if you put it in a pop-up window. This is the code you want to use:

Code:
    <object width="300" height="42">
    <param name="src" value="gtr.mp3">
    <param name="autoplay" value="true">
    <param name="controller" value="true">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#FF9900">
    <embed src="gtr.mp3" autostart="true" loop="false" width="300" height="42" controller="true" bgcolor="#FF9900"></embed>
    </object>

Just replace the "gtr.mp3" with the name of your song and put this code inside the webpage wherever within the webpage you want the controller to show up. I think if you use value="false" in the controller param tag and controller="false" in the embed tag, then you will not actually see the controller at all.

stoid

macrumors 601
hey guys im very new into making my own website and im just learing HTML. I eventually want a nice java webdesign. Everything is so confusing though!!! Anyway i was wondering if someone knew the code to get .mp3's to play with html. Ive read about midi's, but there gay.

Are you suggesting that if MIDI files were to find other MIDI files of the same gender, that they would be attracted to them? Or more accurately, that MIDI files are happy? Why wouldn't you want to include 'happy' files on your webpage?

Sorry, it bugs me when people misuse the word 'gay' to mean 'bad'.

And for the sake of web users everywhere, please _please_ include an easy option to turn the music off, or better et, make the user click to hear the music, because there is nothing more irritating than having a page suddenly start blaring some song over whatever other sounds my comptuer is making that I want to hear.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Are you suggesting that if MIDI files were to find other MIDI files of the same gender, that they would be attracted to them? Or more accurately, that MIDI files are happy? Why wouldn't you want to include 'happy' files on your webpage?

Sorry, it bugs me when people misuse the word 'gay' to mean 'bad'.

And for the sake of web users everywhere, please _please_ include an easy option to turn the music off, or better et, make the user click to hear the music, because there is nothing more irritating than having a page suddenly start blaring some song over whatever other sounds my comptuer is making that I want to hear.

True both of those things... with respect to the second one, yes, for that reason, you should be EXTREMELY sparing about turning the controller off in the embed tag. Leave it on and put it somewhere easy to find on the page. People who don't want to listen to your music will thank you.

Uselessdreamer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Kentucky
sorry about the gay comment its just habit, i know its wrong. when i put that code in the site theres a quicktime "Q" with a questionmark?

FIXED!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.