Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Hi, I really like macs and since I'm a student with a tight budget I found the mac mini to be the perfect choice for me. However I am disappointed to see every other mac line being upgraded with the intel core 2 duo processor while the mac mini still has just the intel core duo processor, when will the mac mini get the intel core 2 duo processor too? :confused: :(

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
there have been two or three other threads in the past day or two asking the same question. probably not before santa rosa in april, though it could happen january or february, just not likely.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
IF they even upgrade them with C2D it wouldnt be until later, like the post above says. But core duo is still a great processor. just max out the mini and it will be good. What about a MacBook?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
The honest truth is that no one outside of some Apple employees and some of their third party suppliers really knows.

It could be next Tuesday. It could be next year. It'll happen when it happens. I'm sure it'll be done by the time Leopard comes out, reasonably sure it'll be by the end of WWDC '07 in January, and half expecting it to happen in the next week or so. But anything you hear here is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.