Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Montana, USA
I have a PDF document that a work colleague needs to add their signature to. The thing is, they need it placed on there today, and they are not in the office, so they cannot physically sign it with my stylus (I have the only one in the office). I do, however, have a PSD document of her signature. So my question is, how do I add her signature, like a layer, on to the PDF document (preferably from within Acrobat)? Seems simple, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Thanks in advance.

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
which version of Acrobat do you have? This is how i would do it(there is probably an easier way)but i use Acrobat 7 Pro.

I would take that psd convert it to paths and save it as an Illustrator file. Open the illustrator file in Acrobat (so now it's basically a PDF). Now, go to your advanced editing tool bar. Use the "edit object" tool to select the outlined sig and press copy. Then just paste that into your PDF. YOu may be able to do this with a transparent PSD, but i can't test that right now. Hope that helps.

_JE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.