Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
In the ad iLife, PC is seen slipping his iPod into a belt case. Next to the case are a myriad of other devices. Can anyone identify them, and/or their significance in the ad itself (if there is any... :confused: )

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 143

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Maybe he's really Batman and he forgot to take his Bat Utility belt off!

Mac_Max

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2004
From left to right: A Rio MP3 player (I owned that model actually), an Walkman style FM Radio (mostly a guess, could be something else), and a Beeper (remember those?)

I think the idea is that PC is lame because he has all of those devices that have become passe and or obsolete (can you even get beeper service anymore?).

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
From left to right: A Rio MP3 player (I owned that model actually), an Walkman style FM Radio (mostly a guess, could be something else), and a Beeper (remember those?)

I think the idea is that PC is lame because he has all of those devices that have become passe and or obsolete (can you even get beeper service anymore?).

This would be my interpretation as well. :)

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
I thought that was a rio as well... and thanks for the significance factor. I would have to concur. :)

FYI, my rio (128MB) got a static shock and died. I went upstairs and counted all the money I had in my room (mostly because I was bored and didn't have any music to listen to) and, including a lot of change, I had exactly enough for a 20GB iPod and some celebratory gelato. :D

Thus was the beginning of my iPod saga.
Ahhh... the good old days... :eek: :D

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
This would be my interpretation as well. :)

Yeah, I think SNL used to have a running joke about IT professionals where these two were trying to hook up and they were fumbling through their three cell phones and six pagers. I personally hate clipping things to my belt though. :eek: I wear my pager most of the time while I'm at the hospital, though, because there's no convenient way to carry the stupid thing. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.