PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen/5.5 gen box diff's

thebrain07
Nov 11, 2006, 06:16 PM
Hello, I have a quick question. I was wondering if the boxes between the old 5th gen and the new ones with the increased brightness and battery life were different at all. i am asking because I am probably going to buy one in a couple of weeks (4thgen got the dreaded folder and exclamation point icon:( and I am probably going to get it from a Fred Meyer's and their stock isnt always brand new and I dont want to get an old one. But if they have the new ones it makes no sense for me to have to wait shipping times from apple

thanks for your guys' time and effort

Ubuntu
Nov 11, 2006, 06:26 PM
Hello, I have a quick question. I was wondering if the boxes between the old 5th gen and the new ones with the increased brightness and battery life were different at all. i am asking because I am probably going to buy one in a couple of weeks (4thgen got the dreaded folder and exclamation point icon:( and I am probably going to get it from a Fred Meyer's and their stock isnt always brand new and I dont want to get an old one. But if they have the new ones it makes no sense for me to have to wait shipping times from apple

thanks for your guys' time and effort

The old one has a picture of Bono from U2 on the iPod screen; the new one has a picture of J Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean on the iPod screen.

Aarow
Nov 11, 2006, 08:44 PM
The old one has a picture of Bono from U2 on the iPod screen; the new one has a picture of J Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean on the iPod screen.

And on the back it has a photo of an iPod playing a song from the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album.

thebrain07
Nov 12, 2006, 05:24 PM
Ya I thought it was something like that, thanks guys for the help. New ipod here I come ( good ol' gen didnt quite make it to a ripe old age:( )

Ubuntu
Nov 12, 2006, 05:28 PM
No problem.

Hope this one lasts for a long time.

Which colour?