Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
i didn't see this posted anywhere else so...

Griffin came out with a FM radio that encapsualtes the iPod remote. looks sort of big to me. not that i'd ever listen to FM when i have my whole music collection, advertisement free. :)

summer '03
$35
powered by the iPod

link

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Wow! That's pretty cool!

I know Apple works very closely with Griffin, so I wonder if the introduction of this product means that new iPods will not feature a built-in FM radio tuner.

I just pre-ordered the iTrip yesterday, and I just pre-ordered this product as soon as I saw it. They say it will ship sometime in mid-summer.

Even though I have tons of songs on my iPod, I like this product because sometimes I want to listen to NPR instead of music. It'll also be nice to listen to the radio on my iPod, hear a song I like, and have the ability to download it at home using Apple's new music service. :D

*P.S. - If anyone has ordered Griffin's iTrip, Griffin has announced that it will start shipping on Friday, April 25*

WannabeSQ

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by RBMaraman

*P.S. - If anyone has ordered Griffin's iTrip, Griffin has announced that it will start shipping on Friday, April 25*

where did you hear that? I preordered mine a week ago, i wonder how many people are in line before me and when I can expect mine, My new radio (that was supposed to be at my door yesterday stupid UPS, its been sitting for a day and a half at Vernon CA grr) doesn't have an aux input, so i need the FM transmitter as soon as that gets installed. I sure hope it has good quality.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
i was wondering where he read that too.
I found an old email and i ordered mine a ways back march 9, 2003 they said
" We have over 8,000 pre-orders
just for individuals and we will be shipping to those people first on a
basis of who placed the orders first. It may take us 2 to 3 weeks to get
caught up on these orders so even when we have them in stock you may not get
it right away."

and that was almost two months ago.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
This is on Griffin's website when you go to the iFM page and click on Buy Now:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/ifm/ifm_preorder.html

For those of you who also pre-ordered an iTrip. Since you've been kind enough to read this far, we have another bit of news. The iTrip will begin shipping Friday (04-25-03). Enjoy.

Plus, I got an email from Griffin today saying my iTrip info had been placed in the Shipping Database. They said it will ship on a first order basis. I just ordered my iTrip last night.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
cool, i thought they would put that in the itrip stuff not the ifm stuff. I think there are alot of orders for the itrip but id love to get mine soon. Nothing like an ipod in the car to complment top down weather in my friends boxster.

also as soon as my itrip goes on my CC i'll be sure to post here or in a new thread. I'm glad its finally shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.