Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raf1005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Say I buy a MBP December 26, and I watch carefully Jobs' Keynote January 8. Will I be able to return or exchange my MBP 13 days later if some new MBP redesign is introduced? Will there be any restocking fee? Thanks guys, I am just trying to think ahead.

wonga1127

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
Wishing for a magic bus.
That all depends on the return policy of where you buy it.

The safest bet would be buy it on the 26th, and don't open it until the 9th, after you know you aren't going to be obsoleteized in the morning. I don't have the patience for that, you could.

Check the return policy of the place you're buying it at, then see if you can return it.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
When purchasing directly from Apple:

If it's a stock model and it's unopened, you can return it for any reason within 14 days...no restocking fee. If it's opened, you can return it and pay a 10% restocking fee. If it's custom ordered, you can't return it.

I certainly wouldn't hold my breath on an MBP redesign in January...there's nothing on the horizon to indicate that there will be a new MBP release anytime soon. (New chips and chipsets are a ways off still.)

wonga1127

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
Wishing for a magic bus.
That all depends on the return policy of where you buy it.

The safest bet would be buy it on the 26th, and don't open it until the 9th, after you know you aren't going to be obsoleteized in the morning. I don't have the patience for that, you could.

Check the return policy of the place you're buying it at, then see if you can return it.

raf1005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Yeha I know there probably won't be a redesign, but still I like to analyze all the possibilities, thanks guys

raf1005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Any Apple events usually occur in April? According to Wikipedia article on Santa Rosa Platform, Santa Rosa should be ready in April 2007. Here is another question I have: has Apple ever done a case redesign without updating the chipset?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.