PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find info on Powerbook trackpads?

szsiddiq
Nov 12, 2006, 01:43 PM
Im working on a mod, and want to kno some more info about the powerbook trackpad (or track pads in general). how it works, its physical peices, etc.
If anyone knows any good sites, lemme kno.
Thanks!

imacintel
Nov 12, 2006, 01:44 PM
Im working on a mod, and want to kno some more info about the powerbook trackpad (or track pads in general). how it works, its physical peices, etc.
If anyone knows any good sites, lemme kno.
Thanks!

The trackpad is part of the top case. I believe you can find topcases at www.ifixit.com. :)

szsiddiq
Nov 12, 2006, 01:52 PM
The trackpad is part of the top case. I believe you can find topcases at www.ifixit.com. :)

thanks, i mistyped...iwanted more info on the trackpad, how it works, parts, etc.

mad jew
Nov 12, 2006, 11:03 PM
I learnt some of the basics in the Wikipedia article on trackpads/touchpads (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trackpad). Are you wanting something more in-depth? :)

szsiddiq
Nov 12, 2006, 11:24 PM
I learnt some of the basics in the Wikipedia article on trackpads/touchpads (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trackpad). Are you wanting something more in-depth? :)

lol, read it! did learn a lot, but it didnt answer one question that i think ill just have to learn by getting a spare topcase and testing it.
I want to kno how much u can cut away, or drill into a touchpad before it stops working. i have a feeling tho, that its a whole string of circuits, so that would kill it

mad jew
Nov 12, 2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah, at a guess, not at all. I haven't tried but these things are quite fragile once the case is off. :o

What exactly were you wanting to do with your trackpad? :D

szsiddiq
Nov 12, 2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah, at a guess, not at all. I haven't tried but these things are quite fragile once the case is off. :o

What exactly were you wanting to do with your trackpad? :D

cant say much. i use SideTrack to enable corner tap buttons, and in the mod im working on, i want to isolate those buttons

macg4
Nov 13, 2006, 09:41 AM
cant say much. i use SideTrack to enable corner tap buttons, and in the mod im working on, i want to isolate those buttonssounds interesting, keep us all updated