PDA

View Full Version : Help with tattoo(font)

Patmian212
Nov 13, 2006, 02:21 PM
Hey guys,
I am planning my next tattoo. I am not good with photoshop or designing. But I need some help with fonts and the design. I am getting it on the top of my forearm. It is going to read "One Love" it is dedicated to my grandmother. I was thinking of three types of fonts. Something cursive, gothic or angelican style. Not too sure how thick I want the font to be though. The words should also be slightly curved almost as if they were forming a semi circle. Can some one help me with designs. Who knows if I really like it I will get it tattooed and your work will be on my body for ever.

bartelby
Nov 13, 2006, 02:23 PM
Hey guys,
I am planning my next tattoo. I am not good with photoshop or designing. But I need some help with fonts and the design. I am getting it on the top of my forearm. It is going to read "One Love" it is dedicated to my grandmother. I was thinking of three types of fonts. Something cursive, gothic or angelican style. Not too sure how thick I want the font to be though. The words should also be slightly curved almost as if they were forming a semi circle. Can some one help me with designs. Who knows if I really like it I will get it tattooed and your work will be on my body for ever.

You shouldn't really need a design for that. Any decent tattooist will know exactly what you mean and draw up the design for you.

TequilaBoobs
Nov 13, 2006, 02:24 PM
...would be webdings.

Patmian212
Nov 13, 2006, 02:28 PM
...would be webdings.

I literally laughed my out load. Just the thought of that, its, well its just... PURE GENIUS:D

MacBoobsPro
Nov 13, 2006, 02:28 PM
...would be webdings.

You mean good ol' comic sans?

Hehe... imagine a tattoo done with comic sans. :D

Hells Angels :D

bartelby
Nov 13, 2006, 02:43 PM
How's this?

Patmian212
Nov 13, 2006, 03:25 PM
How's this?

That is great. I really like it. Hopefully if more people post a design it would be cool to see which one feels more "appropriate" to me.

Bonstable
Nov 13, 2006, 04:46 PM
Hi, hope the tattoo goes well, here are some options for you. I've pu the name of the font next to it so you can reference it if you need to.
There is a really good website for fonts called:
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
which, if you find a font you like in a magazine, you could scan in the letters, find out what it is called and then you will be able to use that font to make up your tattoo design.
Good luck!