PDA

View Full Version : Funny Read: How to fix the Zune crashing problem

darwen
Nov 13, 2006, 10:28 PM
Ok, so a couple days ago I posted an engadget article that many found interesting. Personally, I found the sequel to be even better.

So apparently while installing the zune it tells you it has been plugged into a PC before and asks you if this is a guest computer. Those who continue on as a guest will have no problems (well... that is debatable) but if you try to make your own computer the host PC, it crashes. Basically Engadget figured out that this problem can be bypassed by unplugging the zune and starting the install over when this step is reached. Talk about quirky... that is seriously messed up!

Read the full article for Engadget's non-biased response to the install. :rolleyes: It is appropriately called 'Installing the zune... sucked'

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/13/installing-the-zune-sucked/

Chundles
Nov 13, 2006, 10:55 PM
What a mess!!

And that's the version shipped to all those people lining up to buy one. So, 5 people are going to be really annoyed when they start installing their Zune software.

Danksi
Nov 13, 2006, 11:28 PM
I'm impressed....

what a bloody joke

balamw
Nov 13, 2006, 11:52 PM
What a mess!!

And that's the version shipped to all those people lining up to buy one. So, 5 people are going to be really annoyed when they start installing their Zune software.
They did say it worked fine on the other PC they tried, so two of the five will be fine. The other three however...

The install itself is typical Microsoft pain and misery. How many dialog boxes and how much interaction do you need to install this app and device. At least I didn't catch any "Are You Sure?" dialogs in the writeup :rolleyes:.

Blech.

B

drater
Nov 13, 2006, 11:58 PM
microsoft is going to lose a lot of money with this one. I'm not worried for apple

MegaSignal
Nov 14, 2006, 12:36 AM
But the link was hilarious to read.

Talk about being late to the party...

milo
Nov 14, 2006, 03:24 PM
Wow, that article was a riot.

My favorite of many hilarious parts, when they tried to get the tag "Ryan" and when it was unavailable it suggested:

TwinightRyan (sp)
UprightRyan
GrizzlyRyan
PraisedCloud
ScapularWorm and
HangingCheetah
PricyRacketeer
GutlessStudent
WontedSum
PeeweeDust

Yes, ScapularWorm. Pure comic genius.