Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
I've been pondering and dissecting since i stumbled into the macrumours forum, and i'm likely now to go for the C2D 2.16GHz stock model, if, if someone can clarify the following based on their experience...

If the machine is bought for me by someone, can i register the purchase under myself?

Is it my 'sponsor' who has to deal with Apple should any problems arise?

How would AppleCare work if i bought the extension myself?

help me out here - i'm so close to getting my first MAC - likely to order whatever i decide on today!!

CaPo :eek:

***How many of you out there who've got the 2.16Ghz stock model (UK) received the Fujitsu HDD?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
I've been pondering and dissecting since i stumbled into the macrumours forum, and i'm likely now to go for the C2D 2.16GHz stock model, if, if someone can clarify the following based on their experience...

If the machine is bought for me by someone, can i register the purchase under myself?

Is it my 'sponsor' who has to deal with Apple should any problems arise?

How would AppleCare work if i bought the extension myself?

help me out here - i'm so close to getting my first MAC - likely to order whatever i decide on today!!

CaPo :eek:

***How many of you out there who've got the 2.16Ghz stock model (UK) received the Fujitsu HDD?

To answer your three concerns: Doesn't matter who actually buys the computer, anyone can register it. The registered person is then the legal owner and can apply for applecare, make service requests, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.