Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I thought the Firmware had fixed the sleep issues that all of the sudden began to plague my MBP. It did not.

For some reason, when I close the display to my MBP, it does not enter sleep mode. It turns off the backlight, but will remain on. I have to tell it to go to sleep before I close the display.

The weird thing is, I was not having this problem until I read about it on this forum. And, literally, that same day, mine started doing it. Probably a coincidence, but weird nonetheless.

If anyone knows anything about this issue, advice would be great. Or, if you are having similar issues, tell us about it.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Have you tried resetting PRAM, plugged out the battery and held down the power button for 5-10 seconds?

Reinstalled Mac OS X?

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
Have you tried resetting PRAM, plugged out the battery and held down the power button for 5-10 seconds?

Reinstalled Mac OS X?

I have not tried either of these yet. But, I will not be re-installing OS X. If that is the only way to fix the problem, then I can continue telling my MBP to go to sleep before closing the display.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
I have not tried either of these yet. But, I will not be re-installing OS X. If that is the only way to fix the problem, then I can continue telling my MBP to go to sleep before closing the display.

Try the other two solutions first. Otherwise you can do an Achieve and Install, in that way you will not loose all your data.

theblotted

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
Los Angeles
reinstalling OS is actually real easy (as long as you backup).

in fact, i'd recommend anybody to do so when they first get a new Mac.

this way, you can optimize what Apps you want to use. also, a fresh start will ensure less problems.

remember to repair Permissions after installing any Apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.