Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Is there an advantage of downloading a tv series off iTunes rather than just buying it from the store?

If I were to download something, could I burn it to a DVD then watch it on a normal DVD player? I don't see any advantages rather than it being more convenient.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
If I were to download something, could I burn it to a DVD then watch it on a normal DVD player? I don't see any advantages rather than it being more convenient.

To answer your question about burning it to DVD. No. An advantage is that you don't have to bloody listen to those advertisements which are about 60% louder than the actual show, and you're able to watch it then, and anytime you want. Though with iTV, it's basically downloading to a super huge hard drive (like a 250 GB external) that's grand.

If you don't have a TV tuner for your computer, and you don't have a tv, it's worth the $1.99 to download and watch. Though it is a bit unfair that you can't burn to DVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.