Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
all i have to say is, you dont see any gateway stores being broken into. we should have a marketplace pertange just for theifs. oh well, its not that bad, this is what insurance is for.

iJon

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
It's always depressing to hear about this kind of thing.

I wonder...will we see a new set of low-cost Apple equipment on eBay?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Anybody want to buy several laptops and digital cameras that I, ahem, recently "acquired"? I need the money to pay for repairs to my car, which has some glass damage. ;)

digitalgiant

macrumors regular
May 29, 2002
Knoxville Tenneesse
I go to this store all the time

I live in Memphis and stop by this store all the time. Kind of sad,,, they know me by name and I never really buy anything. Being broke sucks.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
i definately want to second what digital said... everyone at that store is really nice and incredibly helpful.

it's really a shame, especially after all they had to go through to get the store going to begin with (a quick search about the history of the germantown apple store, or even just germantown zoning laws, will make many of you wonder what city planners are thinking...).

hopefully things will get cleaned up and everything will ba back to normal before i go back home. if it doesn't look that way i suppose i will have to do my apple shopping at the mall of america before school is out. oh well, i guess either way is fine.

oh, and one last thing... the whole storefront, including both doors, is made of glass. last time i was home, i think it was one of the doors, but some part of the front bad been broken and they had to board it all up. i think it was bad weather. curse their bad luck!!

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Re: I go to this store all the time

Originally posted by digitalgiant
I live in Memphis and stop by this store all the time. Kind of sad,,, they know me by name and I never really buy anything. Being broke sucks.

I hope you don't drive a car similar to the thieves . . . You might be the number one suspect. :D

tazo

macrumors 68040
Re: Re: I go to this store all the time

Originally posted by Stelliform
I hope you don't drive a car similar to the thieves . . . You might be the number one suspect. :D
:D :D

"...Macrumors.com Forum's member "digitalgiant" was arrested today when he was accused of robbing the apple store..."

Prosecutors say that there is more than enough evidence for a conviction.

:D :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I guess it's time to replay this cartoon from when the Apple Store in New York's SOHO district was burgled in September 2002:

attachment.php

(Originally posted at MacRumors by medea in the SoHo Apple Store Robbed! thread.)

digitalgiant

macrumors regular
May 29, 2002
Knoxville Tenneesse
Re: Re: Re: I go to this store all the time

Originally posted by tazo
:D :D

"...Macrumors.com Forum's member "digitalgiant" was arrested today when he was accused of robbing the apple store..."

Prosecutors say that there is more than enough evidence for a conviction.

:D :p

Hahahahahah, you guys are funny;) Anyway, I will be there for SJ's telecast of their new wonder product,,,, I wonder if they would let me video tape the screen so i could show you guys later? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Later digi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.