PDA

View Full Version : KPT Vector FX

wcalderini
Nov 16, 2006, 09:48 AM
This was a wonderful little plug-in for adobe illustrator 8, especially the quick and easy 3D tool. As a designer, I would keep a whole System 9 folder loaded
with Illustrator 8, and this wonderful utility JUST so I could fall back on it from time to time.
Having just been "upgraded" to a new iMac core 2 Duo, I have however lost
all hope of ever using this program again since a claasic enviorment cannot exist on my new machine.
Illustrators built-in 3D type effects are abysmal and cumbersome IMO, and I was really wondering if anybody out there has found any good alternatives.
If not is there any third party way to set up a quasi "classic" mode to run Illustrator 8 in?
I have done a search online and most of what I have seen is primarily for broadcast graphics. All I am really looking for is the ability to quickly extrude type and roatate it on an axis, and do quick color fills on it.
For example: Using Illustrator's tool, I cannot just extrude some block type, give it a "yellow" face and leave the Extruded area black and grey. Whenever I try to apply a color, Illustrator's tool always tries to "blend" it in with the background extrusion leaving me with some horrible green-grey shadows.
Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

WRC

AdeFowler
Nov 28, 2006, 07:25 AM
I miss KPT Vector Effects too :(

Hopefully Adobe will build some of the functions into the next version of Illustrator.