Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theman5725

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I'm about to slipstream a Windows XP SP2 disc (I know the instructions and everything), but I was wondering if you can do it on a blank DVD instead of a blank CD. I'm asking this cause I'm currently out of blank CDs, but I have a blank DVD sitting right here next to me.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I'm about to slipstream a Windows XP SP2 disc (I know the instructions and everything), but I was wondering if you can do it on a blank DVD instead of a blank CD. I'm asking this cause I'm currently out of blank CDs, but I have a blank DVD sitting right here next to me.

As long as you follow the right steps in burning the ISO you'll be fine. (No UDF!) I installed on my iMac from a DVD of XPSP2 Upgrade with WINME added in for good measure.

B

theman5725

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Alright I burned the DVD byt now everytime I put it in my Macbook, it waits a little bit, makes some noise, and then ejects the disc. Did I slipstream wrong, or is there something on my computer I should change?

Also, I have my HD partioned already, so if there is a way to boot from the disc or whatever and install, I'll do that too.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Sounds like you didnt; make it bootable "right". What steps did you follow to make the ISO and burn it.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.