PDA

View Full Version : iBook Display Cusion Fell Off!

dansgil
Nov 18, 2006, 12:18 AM
Hi,

Today, one of the display cushions on my iBook fell off. I know RadTech has the Wildeepz, but they're fairly expensive. Does anyone know of any other similar products that are cheaper.

Also, is this covered under the AppleCare warranty? Will Apple replace the cushion for free?

Thanks

mick4394
Nov 18, 2006, 08:47 AM
I seriously doubt Apple will replace the LCD cushion. It probably falls under the abuse category.
My ibook lost both of the cushions. I never did anything to replace them and it didn't cause any problems. I worried that the keyboard my push up against the screen and damage it, but it was never an issue. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

But if you really are worried about it, I'd go to a hardware store. Those Radtech pads don't look like anything special. I'm sure you can find something like them for a fraction of the price at Home Depot.

dansgil
Nov 18, 2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks, I'll drop by Home Depot later today.

YS2003
Nov 18, 2006, 03:18 PM
I hope Apple will include a few extra rubber cushions with the new Mac. None of my Macs have lost one of those rubber cushions to this day (because I baby all of my Macs and treat them with care). But, it would be nice to have some extra rubber feet just in case it fell off (as it does happen to many others).

mick4394
Nov 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
It wouldn't make much sense for them to include extra cushions. The factory cushions aren't adhesive. They don't peel off. They break/tear off.

chosenwolf
Nov 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
My MBP is so cool that it has such a gap between the LCD and computer it doesn't need them. :rolleyes: :p

You could also probably find those rubber cushions at a crafts store like Michaels.

mick4394
Nov 19, 2006, 10:22 AM
My MBP is so cool that it has such a gap between the LCD and computer it doesn't need them. :rolleyes: :p

You could also probably find those rubber cushions at a crafts store like Michaels.

Ya, they did away with the feet on the Macbook as well.