PDA

View Full Version : In Passing

City of Glass
Apr 26, 2003, 04:10 AM
You may find this original post in Apple Collectors, here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25429

There certain discrepancies are explained, and I will do my best to answer any questions asked.

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

boobers
Apr 26, 2003, 06:20 AM
ummmmmmm ok i'll bite.
What the hell is this?

melchior
Apr 26, 2003, 06:41 AM
you know, i thought there was something to bite until the matrix crap. then the Richard Feynman reference got in me interested again. then i saw what a steaming pile this really was. "Eighty Five (unclear) Trillion Trillion Decaflops"

although, the Earth Simulator reference does at least show this guy is up on his technology, though, it wasn't exactly the kind of humor that even offers amusement. just annoying.

howard
Apr 26, 2003, 10:30 AM
rumors rumors rumors...

i can't say that i felt any better or worse...or any different at all after reading that...

applemacdude
Apr 26, 2003, 03:57 PM
a rumos that is years away from us..hahahhaha:p

GeeYouEye
Apr 26, 2003, 04:15 PM
Either that, or they saw you, and decided to have a little fun with a gullible customer. OTOH, if true... :eek::eek:

RBMaraman
Apr 26, 2003, 09:11 PM
Wow! I was also at Apple HQ the other day, and I heard two engineers saying this:

Engineer 1: Man, how ugly is that new iPod?

Engineer 2: I know! At least Steve was smart enough to leave out the video capabilities.

Engineer 1: Thank God! A video iPod was the dumbest idea I've ever heard. It's a freakin' MP3 player for Christ's sake!

Engineer 2: Did you hear that we just got another shipment of 970's from IBM?

Engineer 1: Yeah, I heard. When's the announcement coming?

Steve: Hey guys! Wow! That new iPod sure looks great! Well, I'm off to announce the new 970 PowerMac's to the board!

Engineer 1: Later Steve!

Engineer 2: Yeah, Steve. Later!

mmmdreg
Apr 26, 2003, 09:57 PM
so City of Glass, you're saying you remembered that entire convo like that? hmm...:rolleyes:

beez7777
Apr 26, 2003, 10:12 PM
sniff...sniff..something smells like bull feces. :)

MrMacMan
Apr 26, 2003, 10:23 PM
Yeah, its like impossible to do that, i've heard of photographic memory, not re-living a whole darn conversation.

And apple doesn't let random people walk around their HQ do they??

Steradian
Apr 26, 2003, 10:24 PM
:rolleyes:

garzy
Apr 26, 2003, 10:40 PM
were you taking notes during this conversation?

topicolo
Apr 26, 2003, 11:50 PM
No, his photographic memory allowed him to remember all 10 minutes of the conversation word for word, complete with punctuation and parentheses. :D

rainman::|:|
Apr 26, 2003, 11:58 PM
should have thrown something in like:

engineer 1: so have you heard about this site MacRumors?

engineer 2: oh yeah, steve sent out a memo a couple of months ago telling everyone how dead-on the site is, and how he thinks Arn works for Apple.

engineer 1: yeah, well, they're thinking of hiring Arn on you know.

engineer 2: Oh sure, I think we should hire all the site regulars on, too. give them nice cushy jobs in R&D suggesting cool products.

at least then it would have been mildly amusing... without making it any more unbelievable...

pnw

jefhatfield
Apr 27, 2003, 02:48 AM
it is possible he heard something like that and the transcript above is just a paraphrase that catches the context of the conversation

who knows what they were talking about? it's anybody's guess

very interestng though

MrMacMan
Apr 27, 2003, 02:08 PM
City of Glass likes to spam eh? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?postid=328354)

MrMacMan
Apr 27, 2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
it is possible he heard something like that and the transcript above is just a paraphrase that catches the context of the conversation

who knows what they were talking about? it's anybody's guess

very interestng though
its impossible to recall That much.

DreaminDirector
Apr 27, 2003, 02:57 PM
aside from this story being totally false, but what technology did Richard Feynman predict would work?

That's what I'm interested in....

dynamicd
Apr 27, 2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by DreaminDirector
aside from this story being totally false, but what technology did Richard Feynman predict would work?

That's what I'm interested in....

Feynman did a lot of stuff in his spare time, like helping invent the atmoic bomb. He had a lot of theories with nanotechnology and thought about making computers that were put together by arranging atoms. Wires would measured by atoms and each one would only be like 10 atoms wide. Essentialy he wanted to create a computer that would be able to think for itself. Like if you should it a picture and the computer could determine if it was a car or a house.