Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Howdy-
Recently, almost each time I return to my G5 Quad, I see a bunch of messages relating to attempted logouts and failed application closings and things of that sort- all hinting towards my machine attempting to log me out. I can't figure out why this is happening. I don't have any schedule set to shut down the machine...

Any clues?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Uh.. yes. You have it set to automatically log out.

System Preferences -> Security -> Log out after blah blah..

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Uh.. yes. You have it set to automatically log out.

System Preferences -> Security -> Log out after blah blah..

Hah. I appologize for even posting the question.

BUT, how did this option get checked? I've never used this feature and never changed it. And my account is locked so no one else could have...

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Most likely a problem with the chair to keyboard interface?

AFAIK, there's nothing out there that might have automagically done it for you and it's NOT a default on setting, so it's likely that you ticked it accidently when ticking something else in that prefpane.

:confused:

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Most likely a problem with the chair to keyboard interface?

AFAIK, there's nothing out there that might have automagically done it for you and it's NOT a default on setting, so it's likely that you ticked it accidently when ticking something else in that prefpane.

:confused:

Yeah, yeah. Make your jokes.:rolleyes: (actually, that was a pretty good one.) But I'm just wondering if there's any sort of permissions error or something that might haved caused it... i haven't messed with my sys prefs in months.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
No one else might have logged in with admin permissions to change this? It's a universal setting, so if this is a work computer it's very likely that an admin did it.

I can tell you unequivocally, it wasn't me. :)

Frankly because I can't find a good Mac job in Vermont. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.