Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Hey, I am trying to install both Battlefield 2 (retail) and Splinter Cell: Double A. (SP Demo)

For Battlefield 2 halfway through the disk 1 install sequence it gives me this error:
"Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again from the beginning."

I have tried over and over again, but no luck. I tried on my old windows pc and it worked perfectly fine.

C2D 2.33 MBP
2Gig
120Gig
15.4"

XP Home SP2

contoursvt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
This might be a really stupid question on my part but could you be out of space (maybe partition is small?)

Hey, I am trying to install both Battlefield 2 (retail) and Splinter Cell: Double A. (SP Demo)

For Battlefield 2 halfway through the disk 1 install sequence it gives me this error:
"Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again from the beginning."

I have tried over and over again, but no luck. I tried on my old windows pc and it worked perfectly fine.

C2D 2.33 MBP
2Gig
120Gig
15.4"

XP Home SP2

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Nah, can't be that.. I set it to 32GB and at the time it was just Windows and the drivers.. And I tried copying the files from my Windows pc into Windows on my Mac, and it somewhat worked.. I had to go through the install process again (it skipped everything until Disk 3) and it ran as long as I launched it through the CD...

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Alright, it seems to be installing just fine now!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.