PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone thread crapping??

macdaddy121
Nov 20, 2006, 08:08 PM
Why do the people on MacRumors continue to thread crap in the PS3 for sale forum and the Wii for sale forum????

Are you upset that people are trying to do what 50,000 other people are trying to do? Make a profit off of a out of stock product (I know that the wii is still available in some areas)?

Are you upset because you don't own one and you want one?

Do you not understand the concept of supply and demand?

Do you not respect the rules of this forum?

I have tried to step up for people in the for sale section but even though I am trying to do good for the seller I am taking away from the sale and I shouldn't be doing that.

So I ask you why do you disrespect the seller and the forum by trying to ruin there thread?

jsw
Nov 20, 2006, 08:14 PM
We ask that you and others report such posts, and they will be removed.

Dagless
Nov 20, 2006, 08:14 PM
Respect the rules of the forum? How about they respect the rules of selling, the rules of morals (hmm) instead of console scalping?

Oh, and just report. I had one of mine removed that laughed at someone who was trying to sell a USED PS3 for something ridiculous.

macdaddy121
Nov 20, 2006, 08:16 PM
We ask that you and others report such posts, and they will be removed.

Thanks jsw.

I just get tired of these people trying to be disrespectful to others trying to sell their systems.

I will report it to you when I see it and I thank you for moderating the threads so well.

-Matt

Old Smuggler
Nov 20, 2006, 08:19 PM
i think its because this forum is called MacRumors not PS3 rumors hence the word Mac in the title
and probably cause everyone is sick of everyone clogging up the forum and they are tired of hearing about it

you know its out, great, yadda yadda back to our lives

you cant exactly get mad at everyone wanting to focus the topics posted on MacRumors on a Mac
G*D Forbid

macdaddy121
Nov 20, 2006, 08:24 PM
Respect the rules of the forum? How about they respect the rules of selling, the rules of morals (hmm) instead of console scalping?

Oh, and just report. I had one of mine removed that laughed at someone who was trying to sell a USED PS3 for something ridiculous.

Yes the rules of the forum, here (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules). And there are no rules of selling....most people sell something in order to obtain the maximum amount of money possible for their product. Some people lower their prices in order to move their product faster.....there are no PS3's left in the USA.....therefore they can ask for a premium price. It makes since. Like water in New Orleans after Hurrican Katrina. Selling for $5-$10 a bottle. I don't agree with selling the water for that amount because for some it was a matter of life and death.

If you laughed at his price you are disrespecting his/her sale and making people think there is something wrong with the product. I think the seller of the system you are talking about was trying to make about a 100 dollar profit....that isn't ridiculous in my opinion.

Agree to disagree I guess....but I don't understand why this many people are being rude to the sellers of these systems.

macdaddy121
Nov 20, 2006, 08:27 PM
i think its because this forum is called MacRumors not PS3 rumors hence the word Mac in the title
and probably cause everyone is sick of everyone clogging up the forum and they are tired of hearing about it

you know its out, great, yadda yadda back to our lives

you cant exactly get mad at everyone wanting to focus the topics posted on MacRumors on a Mac
G*D Forbid

Smuggler I can see what you are saying but there are a tons of for sale threads selling video games, cameras, speakers, headphones, tickle me elmos, etc....

That can't really be the real reason can it???

Dagless
Nov 20, 2006, 08:29 PM
If you laughed at his price you are disrespecting his/her sale and making people think there is something wrong with the product. I think the seller of the system you are talking about was trying to make about a 100 dollar profit....that isn't ridiculous in my opinion.

Wow, you don't understand what 2nd hand means do you? Modern day technology does not cost MORE than retail when it is 2nd hand. That's the point. You buy 2nd hand because it's cheaper than new. New is what? 450? not 550.
That's why I laughed at the buyer. He opened it. It instantly knocked so much off the potential price. ah well, his huge loss I suppose.

macdaddy121
Nov 20, 2006, 08:35 PM
Wow, you don't understand what 2nd hand means do you? Modern day technology does not cost MORE than retail when it is 2nd hand. That's the point. You buy 2nd hand because it's cheaper than new. New is what? 450? not 550.
That's why I laughed at the buyer. He opened it. It instantly knocked so much off the potential price. ah well, his huge loss I suppose.

2nd hand is when someone purchases something, uses it and then sells it to someone else. ;)

You are correct. modern day technology does not cost MORE than retail when it is 2nd hand.....Unless, it is in this case where there are none available. The price does go down but if the market is paying twice retail then the price drops to right above retail (give or take).

Retail is obviously not the measuring stick for PS3 prices. The market is saying they are willing to pay more. Therefore the price escalates above retail.

Back to the reason for the thread....why are people thread crapping??

Josh396
Nov 20, 2006, 08:38 PM
Just because it's not worth more second hand to you doesn't mean it's not to someone else. I'm not disagreeing with you, I think it would be absolutely ridiculous for someone to pay more for a used PS3 then you can buy it for new, but it's someone elses thread, not yours. If someone else is willing to spend their hard earned money on it, what does it matter?

Also, I don't understand why people will post in a thread that they say they are tired of seeing. If you're tired of reading on the same topic over and over (which I can understand, especially with the 360, Wii, and PS3 threads), then don't read it.

sikkinixx
Nov 20, 2006, 08:38 PM
why is there a seperate thread to complain about this instead of emailing a mod?

Sun Baked
Nov 20, 2006, 08:40 PM
Back to the reason for the thread....why are people thread crapping??

Maybe they hate the scummy profiteers selling these things. ;)

thedude110
Nov 20, 2006, 08:41 PM
I just get tired of these people trying to be disrespectful to others trying to sell their systems.

That's funny, as I get tired of seeing these people trying to be disrespectful by selling their system.

Old Smuggler
Nov 20, 2006, 08:42 PM
Smuggler I can see what you are saying but there are a tons of for sale threads selling video games, cameras, speakers, headphones, tickle me elmos, etc....

That can't really be the real reason can it???

to be honest i dont know i am non biased because i dont really care what people do as long as it doesnt affect me
if i dont like whats on macrumors to night i have the amazing ability to stand up walk away from the computer and watch tv for the rest of the night
i guess the majority you are talking about are either surgically attatched to their computers or dont know how to navigate to another thread or merely morons whose lives are so pitiful that they feel everyone elses should be too

Dagless
Nov 20, 2006, 08:52 PM
Maybe they hate the scummy profiteers selling these things. ;)

We're two 601s in a pod us 2 :D

Scrummy, scrummy profiteers.

Though now I don't know who to piss my sides laughing at most, people willing to pay MORE that retail for a 2nd hand console (used = 2nd hand) or people so desperate to make money that they go to the ends of the earth to get a system then try and get as much possible back for their "endeavours". Or just people trying to sell used PS3 and hope to get that much.

clayj
Nov 20, 2006, 09:07 PM
why is there a seperate thread to complain about this instead of emailing a mod?Seriously. I can't remember the last time I heard so much whining about someone's inability to scalp someone else. :rolleyes:

jsw
Nov 20, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. People can put up their systems for as much as they want... whether anyone would buy them isn't a concern of mine, nor should it be a concern of anyone else. If something's for sale that you think is exorbitantly priced, just ignore it. Please.

macdaddy121
Nov 20, 2006, 09:16 PM
That's funny, as I get tired of seeing these people trying to be disrespectful by selling their system.

Yes you might, but they have the right to sell it on MacRumors and others don't have a right to try and mess up their thread....

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. People can put up their systems for as much as they want... whether anyone would buy them isn't a concern of mine, nor should it be a concern of anyone else. If something's for sale that you think is exorbitantly priced, just ignore it. Please.

Thanks. I guess that is what I was trying to get at. What is possessing people to jump into a thread and start being rude to the OP and then trying to ruin his/her sale? Why can't people just leave these threads alone? For some reason people angered by the sales can't seem to keep the rules but have to post rude comments.

coffey7
Nov 20, 2006, 09:24 PM
I think its silly to be so much of a fanboy that you have to ruin somebodys thread. 110 million ps3's were sold and 22 million gamecubes. The wii people have to understand that some people like sony and there products. If you like the Wii then go play it and stop it with the fan boy stuff. it works the other way also. What kind of adult would waste his time saying my system is better than yours. I buy every system so I could care less about the fan club nonsense.

clayj
Nov 20, 2006, 09:25 PM
OK, I sympathize with people not wanting their "For Sale" threads being threadcrapped on... and I agree with jsw that you should report any posts that crap on your threads.

But I have to wonder how much of this complaining is being fueled by the fact that several people have listed PS3s for sale here and they are NOT getting the exorbitant profit margins they originally envisioned... in fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think anyone's actually sold a PS3 through this site. I saw one thread where the original asking price has been lowered to "only" $200 over retail.

For those of you who've bought PS3s thinking that you were automatically going to be able to flip them, a bit of reality for you: It's called "speculation" for a reason. If you find yourself unable to scalp your PS3, then that's too bad. Don't expect a whole lot of sympathy from those of us who disagree with the concept of scalping, in any occasion.

macdaddy121
Nov 20, 2006, 09:28 PM
OK, I sympathize with people not wanting their "For Sale" threads being threadcrapped on... and I agree with jsw that you should report any posts that crap on your threads.

But I have to wonder how much of this complaining is being fueled by the fact that several people have listed PS3s for sale here and they are NOT getting the exorbitant profit margins they originally envisioned... in fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think anyone's actually sold a PS3 through this site. I saw one thread where the original asking price has been lowered to "only" $200 over retail.

For those of you who've bought PS3s thinking that you were automatically going to be able to flip them, a bit of reality for you: It's called "speculation" for a reason. If you find yourself unable to scalp your PS3, then that's too bad. Don't expect a whole lot of sympathy from those of us who disagree with the concept of scalping, in any occasion.

Clayj you are right. I haven't seen a PS3 sold on this forum. However, it might have something to do with all of the people who are threadcrapping....all I'm saying is that it is just rude and against the rules and people are repeatedly doing it to try and hurt the people trying to sell them.

I guess that is why I started the thread....so those upset with the PS3's for sale can complain here and not on peoples for sale threads.

coffey7
Nov 20, 2006, 09:36 PM
You should never post a negative comment on somebodys forsale thread. Only postive or give some good advice or help in the sale. Don't put "that model stinks you should buy mine".

Sun Baked
Nov 20, 2006, 09:43 PM
You should never post a negative comment on somebodys forsale thread. Only postive or give some good advice or help in the sale. Don't put "that model stinks you should buy mine".

Yes, eBay would work soo much better for the scammers if they outlawed negative comments.

Heck, it would also work well here. :D

GFLPraxis
Nov 20, 2006, 11:15 PM
We're two 601s in a pod us 2 :D

Scrummy, scrummy profiteers.

Though now I don't know who to piss my sides laughing at most, people willing to pay MORE that retail for a 2nd hand console (used = 2nd hand) or people so desperate to make money that they go to the ends of the earth to get a system then try and get as much possible back for their "endeavours". Or just people trying to sell used PS3 and hope to get that much.

Don't view it so harshly. People are willing to pay a lot of money for a system; other people are willing to put the time and effort into getting the system for them.

In the case of the PS3 sellers who camped out three days for the system and sell it for $1500, think of it this way; they're being payed $900 for three days of work for someone else.

MacNut
Nov 20, 2006, 11:34 PM
So when are we gonna start selling super bowl tickets for $20,000?:rolleyes: The point is that its not right if your sole purpose to buy a PS3 is to sell if for 5 times the market value. Why not just leave it for someone who will actually play the darn machine.:mad: