PDA

View Full Version : Michael Richards (aka: Cosmo Kramer) -- The man we thought we knew

Abstract
Nov 21, 2006, 04:25 AM
Dang, another one of my childhood favourites says or does something stupid. Another one of my childhood memories tainted forever. I can't really think about Kramer now without thinking about what Michael Richards said.

LINK (http://www.playfuls.com/news_0003400_Michael_Richards_tries_to_mend_what_could_be_unmendable.html)

Richards subsequently apologized for his outburst, saying he lost his temper due to hecklers in the audience. He was performing a stand-up comedy routine at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood when African American audience members interrupted his act, saying he wasn’t funny. Richards was so outraged that he responded with profanities and racial insults.

“Fifty years ago they'd have you hanging upside down with a [expletive] fork up your [expletive]. Throw his [expletive] out!”, was Richards’ reply, which is hard to explain, exasperated as he might have been. The rest of his act was pervaded by racial remarks and profanities aimed at the heckler.

This happened on Friday. On Monday, Richards had an unscheduled satellite appearance on David Letterman’s “Late Show”. He said he went into “a rage” because of the disruption and stated that he’s not a bigot.

and my favourite part....

“For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this [stuff], I'm deeply, deeply sorry”, the 57-year-old actor said. “I'm not a racist. That's what's so insane about this.”

:(

danidoll521
Nov 21, 2006, 06:32 AM
I still can't believe he said this. I know people say things that they don't really mean, things that just come out in moment of anger and/or frustration; however, there is no justification for this. While he did say he was sorry on Letterman, it just didn't seem like he truly meant it. I don't think he knew what to say and thus apologized. It's going to take a lot for many of us to view him the same way we used to...as the likable Kramer. It's just a shame :(

shecky
Nov 21, 2006, 07:42 AM
i can't believe you do not search for threads before making a new one.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=253898