Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
hi, i just created a presentationin flash, and needed to edit and add some other video componets to the presentation outside of flash. specifically i wanted to do the audio, and a couple other video things outside of flash. when i export it as a quicktime video it looks okay but once i bring it into fcp and start mixing it with some other sutff like photos it all starts to look horrible. i supose most of it has to do withframe rate, aspect ratio or qualirty of the video in fcp vs flash. does any one have any suggestions for either being able to edit this video either in fcp or somewhere else and get good quality? i might give motion a try when i get home, would tht be any better ?

thanks for your help!

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
If the QT vid is good then make sure your FCP sequence settings are EXACTLY the same before importing clips and dropping them on the timeline.
Make sure you can export to FLV so you can get back to flash.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
This is the most convoluted workflow ever. What's your final target output? How are you going to use this? If it's for a presentation, shouldn't you be making a presentation in actual presentation software like Keynote and then inserting video clips as needed? Ugh.

In any case, Final Cut Pro's default setup is for DV-NTSC, which is an interlaced format w/ a .9 pixel aspect ratio. Since you're not dealing with DV, you need to change FCP's setup to match the specs of your input.

I still say you're going about this in a fundamentally FUBARed way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.