PDA

View Full Version : Setting up 24 hour Webcam on G5

drivelikejehu
Nov 21, 2006, 12:29 PM
i have a G5 (10.4.8), with a logitech webcam, and CamSpinner software. i have everything set up perfectly and it works... but only for a short time.

After about a day or so (sometimes longer than others) the computer seems to either go asleep (or some other power mode), or make the image a solid color, or just keep refreshing the same image over and over.

in the Energy Savings preferences i have set everything to Never (and unchecked hard disk sleep option) disabled the screen saver, enabled it to start up and run the camspinner software after power failure, and everything else i could visibly find.

i only have access to the computer itself on certain times and days of the week. i also take the display with me so it is not connected unless i am there servicing it.

am i missing something?

dextertangocci
Nov 21, 2006, 12:53 PM
Something similar happened to me! I wanted to leave my MB encoding a DVD on for the night, but when I woke up the next morning, it had logged out and quit the encoding:mad: I did everything that you did in the energy preferences, but it still logged out!

I fixed it by simply opening text edit, typing a single letter, and then leaving it. Text edit just cancels logout;)

I don't know if it will work for you, but it's worth a try:)

drivelikejehu
Nov 21, 2006, 01:15 PM
Something similar happened to me! I wanted to leave my MB encoding a DVD on for the night, but when I woke up the next morning, it had logged out and quit the encoding:mad: I did everything that you did in the energy preferences, but it still logged out!

I fixed it by simply opening text edit, typing a single letter, and then leaving it. Text edit just cancels logout;)

I don't know if it will work for you, but it's worth a try:)

thats a great idea! ill give that a try. i still havent decided if it is the computer or the software yet, but im leaning towards the computer.