PDA

View Full Version : mbox 2 mini

t1rider321
Nov 21, 2006, 11:53 PM
would the mini or the regular mbox 2 be good for me?

im goign to be importing keys,synth,guitar,vocals and miced up instraments but nothing that will need over 2 mics, i wont be using a drum set.
im still looking for pretty good quality recordings

this is all for me, im starting my own project all the instruments will be palyed by me so they wont be comming in at all the same time.
so would the mbox2 mini be fine for me or no?

scottlinux
Nov 22, 2006, 07:55 PM
$300 is a lot of money. Unless you absolutely need pro-tools, I'd say get something else. And avoid USB audio devices. Go with a Firewire device.

Look at edirol, m-audio, or alesis. They have I/O boxes for this price range or cheaper that have more features. Pro-Tools hardware is overpriced, and doesn't work well with Logic (if you eventually need Logic).

If you DO need pro-tools, then look at an M-Audio device.

connorhays
Nov 22, 2006, 11:50 PM
ya try looking for something else, their are a lot of better priced ones out there

CHMC
Dec 1, 2006, 02:58 PM
I disagree;

When you're an happy amateur doing some music; go ahead! If you're sure that you'll be recording 2 sources max. then there's no problem. And, you'll be getting PT LE 7 with the Mbox. But remember; only 32 tracks; and when you start doing sounddesign for movies or stuff like that, you'll run out of tracks really, really fast.

Outsiderdude26
Dec 28, 2006, 01:31 AM
If you don't need more than two input at a time go for the mini.

I recently bought the Mini so I can learn Pro tools LE and it came with 7.1.1 but because I recently bought I was able to upgrade to 7.3 for free.

I also use Logic Pro and Reason.

So for what you looking for I think that the Mini is more than enough for you.