PDA

View Full Version : mac mini issues

miTunes75
Nov 22, 2006, 10:10 AM
OK:

When I go into preferences and go into change the desktop/screensaver settings page, it will automatically crash. I reopen and use the same option, it wll crash again. If i choose different options, such as energy, no problem.

What caused me to go into desktop/screensaver? Because after about 5 minutes of idle, the desktop starts to flash. It's so wierd!

I switch over to my wife's account - everything is flawless.

What can I do to correct this? I my mac mini jacked?

or, is there a "system restore" like there is with windows? This started acting up 2 days ago - if i can make it go back to 5 days ago or something, it should correct itself.

yellow
Nov 22, 2006, 10:25 AM
My guess is you have a screwed up screensaver.

You have 2 choices..

1) Remove anything from ~/Library/Screen Savers/ and log out and log back in, and check the pref pane. (please note, that is the Library folder in your home directory, NOT the root Library).

2) Remove ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist and log out and log back in and check the prefpane. Be prepared, however, this will reset ALL your System Preferences.

miTunes75
Nov 22, 2006, 10:59 AM
nothing worked :(

miTunes75
Nov 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
thank you for leading me in the right direction! i fixed it! i deleted the com.apple.screensaver.iTunesArtwork files - works like a charm now :)

I'm appreciative of the help! THanks again.