Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimmyB248

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Ok what I'm looking to do is shoot on a P2 card and then transfer that straight onto the MBP. I know this isn't possible as MBP uses an express card slot instead of pcmcia slot. Is there an adapter for that? I don't want to use firewire to connect the camera to the MBP, just want to be able to take the P2 card and upload it. Is the P2 store any good? Does it work with Macs? What sort of price would I be looking at for it?

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
there is an express card/pcmcia adapter you may want to look at...don't have a link at the moment, but try searching for it and you'll get it. it will connect your pcmcia p2 card into the express card slot.

SkAlex

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2004
I bought the HVX-200 and have been shooting with it for a few months now...although I've been using a Powerbook to backup the P2s onto two external drives. I'm not sure about what's going on with the converters or whatnot (I ended up buying a used, pretty cheap Powerbook instead of the MBP so that I would have the PCMIA) but I have had some experience with the P2store. It works just as promised - you can either use it simply as a card reader, plugged into firewire on your MBP or you could download onto the P2store and download all of your cards at the end of your day. I've done both and each worked fine for me - depends on what type of shoot it is, etc. If you have enough hands on set and/or the time, I feel more secure having each card backed up onto two drives before I format the card. That being said, I haven't had an issue getting anything off the P2store at the end of the day. Hope this helps a bit...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.