Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfInc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Toronto / Hamilton, ON (CAN)
It seems in tv, movies, print everything Mac has become attached to the image of individuals who set the stage for lifestyles.

Anyways moving on from my poor thesis opening above I was wondering where one would look to find information about Interior Designing and doing it with a mac? My girlfriend wishes to get into Interior Designing and before she starts I'd like to provide her with the essentials needed to succeed in the industry.

I was just wondering what software is used, tutorials, tips, how it works, and so on.

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
what level of interior design.

If its purely the decorative side (ie make it look pretty) then most designers will use an image board (which ahs the materials/colours/paints etc to be used) and a sketch pad and probably a mood board from the client. With something as personal as interior design, nothing can really be finalised on a bit of paper or a screen.

If its a bit more along the lines of the overall layout of something like a restaurant then I would look at autocad, its an industry standard cad package. Photoshop can be handy for some work although I still feel that hand drawn is probably the best approach, you can do it there and then with the client.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.