PDA

View Full Version : powerbook speakers won't work

Raidersmojo
Nov 26, 2006, 12:03 AM
they were fine and nothing was wrong with them and they just quit working for whatever reason

I opened up the sound preferences and it showed everything is working fine

when I looked on the side where the headphone jack goes it has a red light emitting from it. something I haven't seen before

sometimes the speakers click on and off

anyone know whats wrong?

WildCowboy
Nov 26, 2006, 12:05 AM
The red light means that the optical digital output is active, which is disabling your speakers. They occasionally get stuck...try sticking some headphones into the jack and wiggling them gently to see if you can "unstick" it.

mklos
Nov 26, 2006, 01:06 PM
The red light on my PowerMac G5 is always lit on the optical audio output. Maybe thats just because it has its own separate optical audio port instead of a shared port. I would definitely try to stick a headphone jack in there though to see if it does indeed go out.

Have you tried resetting the PRAM? Restart you Mac, and then press and hold Apple+Option+P+R

Please let us know if what fixed it. We (or at least I) get curious of what fixes things. :D

munnabhai78
Dec 9, 2006, 10:03 PM
It works, simply plug the headphone, play any mp3 file, goto system prefences, audio output. Close the prefences and unplug the headphone.