PDA

View Full Version : Wiimote - any lag?

p0intblank
Nov 26, 2006, 12:31 AM
I'll hopefully be getting a Wii soon, but I've had one concern in mind since I have been interested in it: is there any noticeable lag when executing commands with the Wiimote? This is especially important in games like Super Monkey Ball when precise movement is important.

Other than this one minor concern, everything else seems to be great. I can't wait to play Wii Sports. :D

Thanks!

ero87
Nov 26, 2006, 12:37 AM
no.

:)

it's really amazing, and super-responsive. GET THE WII. i love it.

my theory is this: if you love apple, you'll love the wii. both so intuitive/gorgeous/fun...

p0intblank
Nov 26, 2006, 12:42 AM
no.

:)

it's really amazing, and super-responsive. GET THE WII. i love it.

my theory is this: if you love apple, you'll love the wii. both so intuitive/gorgeous/fun...

Good to hear! :) This thread scared me a little when I first read it:

http://forums.modojo.com/showthread.php?t=145137

I didn't want to post the link right away, but now I feel it's worth it. Thoughts?

And yes, the Wii seems to be very Apple-like. You're the second person to say that to me. I can't wait to get one! :D

apfhex
Nov 26, 2006, 01:00 AM
Good to hear! :) This thread scared me a little when I first read it

And yes, the Wii seems to be very Apple-like. You're the second person to say that to me. I can't wait to get one! :D
Not sure what that person's talking about. There didn't appear to be any lag like that. It's true about very subtle movements though, move it too little and you won't get a response. Only makes sense though, or else we'd be making all sorts of accidental input.

And yes, I've always compared Nintendo to Apple too. Many similarities can be seen.

sethypoo
Nov 26, 2006, 01:06 AM
I have noticed no lag at all with the Wiimote in any of the games I've played so far (Wii Sports, Rayman, Madden 07, Red Steel, and Excite Truck). Rayman has a few minigames that use a very similar mechanic to Super Monkey Ball in which you have to roll a ball around a rabbit's brain by tilting the Wiimote in different directions, taking care to not let your ball fall in any holes. There is no delay or lag when doing this, and it feels like I'm holding the rabbit's brain in my hand while doing it!

Enjoy your Wii when you get it, I love mine.

p0intblank
Nov 27, 2006, 08:20 AM
Okay, awesome! :) You guys put my fears to rest with your replies. Since it's so accurate, I am really thinking about getting Trauma Center: Second Opinion. It doesn't seem to be my type of game, but after watching videos on YouTube it looks like it could be a lot of fun!

ero87
Nov 27, 2006, 08:41 AM
I also recommend Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2.

It's sweeeet!

Sky Blue
Nov 27, 2006, 10:25 AM
a tiny bit of lag, but you get used to it.

dylangurl21
Nov 27, 2006, 10:31 AM
no lag. if someone has a lag..there is either a problem with the sensor bar setup or a problem with the sensor bar. the third option is that the person is making movements which arent easily recognized by the machine... so tehre is a seeming lag.

BurtonCCC
Nov 27, 2006, 10:47 AM
If you're too far to the side of the sensor bar, you'll see your pointer doing a lot of shaking, but the range actually is very, very large. Maybe I'll make a diagram of what I've tried? :)

Daniel.