PDA

View Full Version : HELP!: Installing RAM on a Powerbook

tocci
Nov 27, 2006, 03:33 PM
Hello. I have a 15" Powerbook G4. 1.33 GHz and I'm running into problems installing new RAM. My upper Memory Slot contains the standard 256 MB of Ram. The second slot was empty until I've recently tried placing the 1GB PC2700 DDR SODIMM APPLE MEM UPG into it. I've done PRAM zaps and NVRAM resets but the system profiler still states that it is empty. Am I missing anything? Is there a way to determine if the RAM has been static shocked?
Thanks for your time,
-t.

cmcconkey
Nov 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
It could just be that the stick isn't seated correctly. I had this same problem when I upgraded my PB, I had thought that I had gotten mine seated well enough but when I popped the plate back off and pushed a little harder I heard the pop and it was well seated and was recognized.

Let me know if this helps.

Christopher

WildCowboy
Nov 27, 2006, 09:13 PM
Try swapping the sticks into the opposite slots...that'll tell you if it's the RAM or the slot that's the problem. And yes, be sure you have it seated properly...you definitely have to push hard.

shieldyoureyes
Nov 27, 2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, it is really a HARD push. I didn't really believe it was that hard of a push 'til I tried myself