Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
A bit too early for this? Oh well. Thought we should get a head start :)

I'm feeling pretty calm this month.

Attachments

• DSCN0357.jpg
    DSCN0357.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 665

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
it's not too early! i already set this as my desktop to get in the mood early (found it on pixelgirlpresents.com):

Attachments

• xmas2004b_1600.jpg
    xmas2004b_1600.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 1,524

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
I don´t like using Christmas Wallpapers, but:

here is a picture i took in 2003 cropped to 16:10 / 1920x1200.

If you want a PNG version (because you can't stand JPEG compression) just ask me.

eji

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
INW
Oh, and here's a shot of my widgets without all the desktop Christmas clutter. Note the Festive Lights gobbling up 18.5% of my CPU. Ah, well, 'tis the season of CPU hogging.

You can find Festive Lights here.

Attachments

• xmaswidgets-lo.jpg
    xmaswidgets-lo.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 489

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Usually I try to simply post an attachment so it's not too big, but this time I'm too proud of my desktop (also found in the November desktops, but updated even more). I edited out all the names in my adium theme, but since I can't recall if you can see enough, it's even a Christmas font in there (snowflakes around some of the big letters, nothing too garish).

I'm especially proud of the snow across the bottom with the dock icons. Did that myself using a custom bulb in MacLampsX.

desktop.jpg

jW

ColeSear

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2006
If I look around here in these Desktop threads, I can only say:
How damn boring are my "Celeb-Girlie"-Desktop...?
The only reaction I get: "Who is she?" :D

Next thing I'll bring up is a better quality version of my selfmade girlie pics and then I'll wait for the really good ones of my over 100 Celeb-Desktop pictures.
I'm at (windows-)works so you'll have to wait till I'm back at Mac at home.:)

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
morphe said:
yeah, what makes it so realistic is the HDR and the rendering:)
BTW, COB are THE definite gods of death metal.

HDR? like the lighting and stuff. If the render was a little higher quality you would never see the difference. the orb looks a little square from close. Yeah I played that music on purpose for the screenie! It just adds to the aura of the whole christmas feel:D I acquired their entire discography the other day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.