PDA

View Full Version : Sad Looking G4 Tower

Flyinace2000
Nov 28, 2006, 06:18 PM
On my way to work i saw this poor gutted G4 sitting next to the Garbage can. Not parts inside, just the logic board (no cpu) and a disfigured case.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willsisti/309033111/

thedude110
Nov 28, 2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the pic -- it's always sad to see such a once proud piece of technology so ... discarded.

Back in my ITing days, those G4 towers were the quasi-focus of my life. As I sit here typing on my G4 PB, looking at that machine and reading all the Intel processor threads I can't help but feel ... out of touch.

bbarnhart
Nov 28, 2006, 06:34 PM
A moment of silence please.

leekohler
Nov 29, 2006, 10:46 AM
That's so sad! I just sold my Sawtooth this past April. It was a great piece of machinery. It's so sad to see that! They are still so useable. At the time I sold it, I had upgraded mine to 1 GHz G4, Radeon 9000 Pro 64 Mb, and 1.75 Gigs of RAM. The person who owns it now LOVES it.

lamina
Nov 29, 2006, 11:07 AM
Why would someone do that, other than spilling something inside of it and destroying all the components? What a waste of hardware.

I've seen many many PCs discarded, but never a Mac. I've even seen oldschool Macs (monotone screens) still in use at my old university.

Sdashiki
Nov 29, 2006, 01:38 PM
if you are ebay savvy, there is about $50-100 worth of parts right there.

:D :D :D

Allotriophagy
Nov 29, 2006, 01:45 PM
That is even more distressing than seeing pictures of a microwaved baby.

Spock
Nov 29, 2006, 01:49 PM

I really hope Your kidding and if You are I am not amused at all.

Sdashiki

there are pics?
ummm.

Killyp
LMAO

Post of the day!

EDIT: Just read other post, maybe it's not so funny...

Allotriophagy
Nov 29, 2006, 01:57 PM
I really hope Your kidding and if You are I am not amused at all.

This abuse of such gorgeous and important and precious technology, this one-of-a-kind product, is so heinous that I would rather see a thousand babies at least put in a convection oven, if not a microwave, than witness a G4 so horridly mistreated.

As I sit here with tears streaming down my face, my chest heaving with sobs, I wonder if I will be able to ever again feel the world is a beautiful place.

Hopefully Apple will release a beautiful headless iMac to ease this pain.

At the very least, a new colour of iPod.

macg4
Nov 29, 2006, 04:12 PM
god what a sad picture

Dynatos
Nov 29, 2006, 04:17 PM
This abuse of such gorgeous and important and precious technology, this one-of-a-kind product, is so heinous that I would rather see a thousand babies at least put in a convection oven, if not a microwave, than witness a G4 so horridly mistreated.

As I sit here with tears streaming down my face, my chest heaving with sobs, I wonder if I will be able to ever again feel the world is a beautiful place.

Ever considered psychiatric help?

aquajet
Nov 29, 2006, 04:30 PM
It's a shame to see good parts thrown away. However, I'm sure other parts of that machine are living on elsewhere.

I was thinking cocker spaniel puppies. But yes, that would be distressing too.

Allotriophagy
Nov 29, 2006, 04:37 PM
Avert thine eyes, sweet brethren, from these most grim and harrowing visions which I do lay before thee now.

Ouch. (http://gfx.ibas.com/news/pictures/water_damaged_macintosh.jpg)

http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/08/03/mac_fire_1.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/27/56040763_8688181357_m.jpg

http://www.themacgroup.ca/graphics/broken_pb.jpg

http://www.100tral.com/images/iblogimages/powerbook-broken.jpg

Oh the humanity. Truly there can be no God.

aquajet
Nov 29, 2006, 04:43 PM
That last PowerBook looks like it was ran over by a car. It's amazing that it still boots and has some level of functionality. :eek:

Allotriophagy
Nov 29, 2006, 04:53 PM
That last PowerBook looks like it was ran over by a car. It's amazing that it still boots and has some level of functionality. :eek:

Just one more reason why PowerBooks are better than children, I guess.

Stadsport
Nov 29, 2006, 05:05 PM
You know, I've seen pictures of people getting completely DESTROYED, and yet it's still seeing technology destroyed that makes me saddest. Oh, and animals.

Am I a bad person?

sikkinixx
Nov 29, 2006, 05:20 PM

lol so awesome, god I love it when people are un-P.C.

aquajet
Nov 29, 2006, 05:41 PM

Good point. Plus, you can sell your PowerBook on eBay without people throwing a fit about it.

ReanimationLP
Nov 29, 2006, 05:45 PM
Wanna pick it up and make a few bucks? :)

SuperCompu2
Nov 29, 2006, 05:46 PM

Lmao...:)

Quboid
Nov 29, 2006, 05:55 PM
A moment of silence please.
I second that motion. Even closed my eyes

Spock
Nov 29, 2006, 08:46 PM

;)

Allotriophagy
Nov 29, 2006, 09:00 PM
Oh Spock! No! NO! The consumer electronics! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS?

I hope whoever did that to those machines rots in hell. Even the most inhumane and degrading form of death the penalty is too good for that kind of scum.

Oh God. I really need to call Steve for some comfort now.

Argh, he's not answering! I'll have to call Bono instead.

dornoforpyros
Nov 29, 2006, 09:15 PM
Oh Spock! No! NO! The consumer electronics! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS?

I hope whoever did that to those machines rots in hell. Even the most inhumane and degrading form of death the penalty is too good for that kind of scum.

Oh God. I really need to call Steve for some comfort now.

Argh, he's not answering! I'll have to call Bono instead.

haha I'm glad some one else posted this instead of me for once :)

Flyinace2000
Nov 29, 2006, 11:47 PM
Some of you guys are soooooo twisted! :D

Spock
Nov 30, 2006, 02:10 PM
Some of you guys are soooooo twisted! :D

Yes, I must agree. :D