PDA

View Full Version : Best mouse for Macbook Pro???

arnolf
Nov 28, 2006, 09:16 PM
Without considering money, which mouse would you buy for your macbook pro?

Unorthodox
Nov 28, 2006, 09:20 PM
I have this one (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715) and love it.

Fearless Leader
Nov 28, 2006, 09:25 PM
i love this mouse and its even cheap (20). Ambidextrous (matters to me), two nice extra configurable buttons, and fits my larger hands. http://us.kensington.com/html/4011.html

uv23
Nov 28, 2006, 09:28 PM
Just got a Logitch V270 bluetooth mouse and it works amazingly (except on totally smooth untextured surfaces, but that's true of any optical mouse). I tried the mighty mouse and loathed it.

arnolf
Nov 28, 2006, 09:29 PM
i think i would prefer a wireless one even if both look very nice. what do you think about logitech vx revolution?

Westside guy
Nov 28, 2006, 09:42 PM
I like my bluetooth mighty mouse.

TequilaBoobs
Nov 28, 2006, 09:45 PM
i use logitech vx revolution, and it's seriously the best mouse ive ever used.

arnolf
Nov 28, 2006, 09:49 PM
does it works great with a mac, some users report the scrolling was uncontrolable on mac

clevin
Nov 28, 2006, 09:50 PM
Just got a Logitch V270 bluetooth mouse and it works amazingly (except on totally smooth untextured surfaces, but that's true of any optical mouse). I tried the mighty mouse and loathed it.

i second this, i just got it today, its cheap, $34. feels good, looks pretty, and save a usb port (bluetooth).

dpaanlka
Nov 28, 2006, 09:54 PM
When the mighty mouse works, its awesome.

treblah
Nov 28, 2006, 10:50 PM

When the mighty mouse works, its awesome.

I love my Mighty Mouse.

Mac'Mo
Nov 28, 2006, 10:55 PM
i second this, i just got it today, its cheap, $34. feels good, looks pretty, and save a usb port (bluetooth).

third, good stuff

HazChem
Nov 28, 2006, 11:01 PM
i use logitech vx revolution, and it's seriously the best mouse ive ever used.

Ditto. You just have to set profiles for a particular program for the buttons and scroll to behave just like you like it!

TequilaBoobs
Nov 28, 2006, 11:15 PM
does it works great with a mac, some users report the scrolling was uncontrolable on mac

the scrolling is configurable, so you can find your ideal speed. it's really accurate and comfortable on the hand. i use it for my desktop pc mostly, but it works great on mac too.

arnolf
Nov 28, 2006, 11:16 PM
Actually i hesitate between the mighty mouse and vx revolution.
Mighty mouse:
•Pros:
-Blutooth, no receiver which breaks usb ports so usable on my bed or uneven grounds.
-great click sensation opposite to some others mouses like MS mice.
-beautiful
•Cons:-
-somebody told me that right click is not ever working
-Bluetooth Bad for gaming

VX REvolution
•Pros
-Seems to be really a awesome mouse
-performance

•Cons
-Looks ugly (for me)
-RF receiver
-PRICE
So ...

TequilaBoobs
Nov 28, 2006, 11:25 PM
cnet gave the logitech vx a rating of 9 points, or spectacular. go to your local best buy and feel the mouse and see if it fits your hand. thats important.

ToastMaster
Nov 29, 2006, 02:09 AM
Actually i hesitate between the mighty mouse and vx revolution.
Mighty mouse:
•Pros:
-Blutooth, no receiver which breaks usb ports so usable on my bed or uneven grounds.
-great click sensation opposite to some others mouses like MS mice.
-beautiful
•Cons:-
-somebody told me that right click is not ever working
-Bluetooth Bad for gaming

You're saying Bluetooth is bad for gaming? Why is that? Because I'm considering getting a bluetooth mouse for my MBP (though probably not a Mighty Mouse, I tried and didn't like it.)

reflex
Nov 29, 2006, 02:12 AM
This one (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/BE/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=8066).

arnolf
Nov 29, 2006, 04:32 AM
You're saying Bluetooth is bad for gaming? Why is that? Because I'm considering getting a bluetooth mouse for my MBP (though probably not a Mighty Mouse, I tried and didn't like it.)

I think mice with RF are better for gaming because the transmission technology is much stable.There's not any lag whereas bluetooth mice sometimes are unresponsive. I owned the first apple wireless mouse, there was many lags but maybe the technology is better now.
I thing it's not a hasard if bluetooth mice are still very rare whereas most of laptop have bluetooth built in. RF give better performance.

Finally i make my choice and bought the vx revolution, this mouse is just awesome, i have no regrets except the price which is awesome too...

SiliconAddict
Nov 29, 2006, 06:27 AM
I think mice with RF are better for gaming because the transmission technology is much stable.There's not any lag whereas bluetooth mice sometimes are unresponsive. I owned the first apple wireless mouse, there was many lags but maybe the technology is better now.
I thing it's not a hasard if bluetooth mice are still very rare whereas most of laptop have bluetooth built in. RF give better performance.

Finally i make my choice and bought the vx revolution, this mouse is just awesome, i have no regrets except the price which is awesome too...

Anything wireless is bad for gaming because of the bandwidth involved with wireless mice. If gaming get a wired mouse with HIGH DPI resolution. Even now I have several friends who won't go anywhere near optical mice and swear by the ball. *shrugs* That being said I have a Microsoft BlueTooth mouse that has served me well and I got it for all of $20 from a friend.

clevin
Nov 29, 2006, 06:34 AM
bluetooth has longer singal effective range, u can be far from ur computer while it still works, IR mice normally need to be close to computer, sp if u have a mini or imac connected to a big tv, bluetooth is better,
also, bluetooth save you one usb port.

MagicBoy
Nov 29, 2006, 06:35 AM
Logitech V270. Optical, wireless and uses the inbuilt Bluetooth so no silly dongles. Perfick!

dornoforpyros
Nov 29, 2006, 08:07 AM
This one (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/BE/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=8066).

omg, are you serious? I own that mouse and I HATE it. The damn thing is too light for it's own good and the cord seems to be rigid enough to pull the mouse around. It's a cheap piece of crap.

reflex
Nov 29, 2006, 08:13 AM
omg, are you serious? I own that mouse and I HATE it. The damn thing is too light for it's own good and the cord seems to be rigid enough to pull the mouse around. It's a cheap piece of crap.

What can I say, I'm a big fan of Logitech mice :)

Viremia
Nov 29, 2006, 03:00 PM

same here (both with the V270 and MM)

I wanted BT because there would be no need for a dongle and I didn't want wired

defsquad
Dec 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
no lag at all with that logitech bt 270 mouse? i have the old mx900 bt mouse and it was horrible in terms of lag from general use.

TowerRat
Dec 11, 2006, 11:17 PM

Ditto

iBorg20181
Dec 12, 2006, 12:50 AM

I planned on getting the V270 also, but found the Bluetooth Mighty Mouse in a "returned" discount bin at Microcenter for under $50, and decided to give it a try (vs. the $69 it usually sells for). Surprisingly, I really like it! Although I thought the tiny scroll button would be terrible, it's very nice, and has 360 degree scrollability, vs. the simple up/down of the V270 (which is what I didn't like about the V270 - especially since the USB version has 360 degree movement!). It's responsive, with precise enough movement to use in gaming, and it never disconnects on me. And you have to really wait along time for lag to occur from non-use. It's easy to program, has left- and right-button function, and fits fine in my hand.

Biggest downside: the cost.

Give it a try in an Apple store - but you have to use it more than a few minutes to get the hang of it!

iBorg

Aniej
Dec 12, 2006, 01:20 AM
love my wireless MM, though I wish apple would incorporate a few measures to address ergenomic issues. As a company that prides itself on what I consider to be the best OS and hands down is the pacesetter for aesthetics, I find that a significant level of attention is lacking from rectifying how it feels to use the portable line of computers (before you go pull up a shuffle and say see look it is so tiny ;) my comment is limited to just the portables). Namely, heat, the way your hands feel after touching the aluminum for several hours of use, the MM issue i noted above, and finally the depth of the MB coupled with its sharp front edge hurt after my palms and wrists grade or wrest upon it for a while. Sorry for the rant, it's exam time for me and all the things I said are really hurting:mad:

NewSc2
Dec 12, 2006, 03:07 AM
I've never found a wireless mouse (even the Logitech MX series.. haven't tried the VX) which didn't suffer from mouse lag for FPS's. For keyboards it's not as big of a deal, but for mice, meh. I can't really tell the difference between optical or ball, but then again i never had a super-high DPI ball mouse.

klb028
Dec 12, 2006, 09:47 AM
In all seriousness, I am wondering what makes someone with an Apple computer want to use a mouse that has the two different clicks. You can't right click on Macs, right? Do you just do it for the sake of being so used to it?

I think that once I get my MBP, I might buy both the Mighty Mouse AND a regular mouse if I feel like switching. :p

daneoni
Dec 12, 2006, 10:07 AM
This (http://www.lordpercy.com/strack.JPG), been using it for 4 years now.

cynerjist
Dec 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
In all seriousness, I am wondering what makes someone with an Apple computer want to use a mouse that has the two different clicks. You can't right click on Macs, right? Do you just do it for the sake of being so used to it?

I think that once I get my MBP, I might buy both the Mighty Mouse AND a regular mouse if I feel like switching. :p

I have owned Logitech mice for years and love them, but opted for the BT might mouse. The mighty mouse is great once you get used to it. You can program the buttons. Therefore, there is right-click functionality. You decide what you want right click to do. With mouse gestures, there are even more possibilities.

I'm not a gamer, so I can't say I care about lag issues. But if you are a hardcore gamer, I'm not sure the MBP is really your machine anyway.

MKang25
Aug 11, 2011, 11:54 AM
I use the Logitech Performance Mouse MX and it is really nice.

Wafflausages
Aug 11, 2011, 02:55 PM
Any logitech or razer gaming mouse I've always enjoyed the ergonomics of gaming mice :)

ladytonya
Aug 11, 2011, 11:33 PM
The best mouse for the MBP is the trackpad that comes on it! I love this trackpad so much better than any mouse I have EVER used, so much so that I hate using the PC at work any more.

Prodo123
Aug 12, 2011, 12:25 AM
Razer Orochi. Could be bigger, but makes an extremely good portable mouse.

MOKHAN
Aug 12, 2011, 12:42 AM
The best mouse for the MBP is the trackpad that comes on it! I love this trackpad so much better than any mouse I have EVER used, so much so that I hate using the PC at work any more.

Agreed, I find it very easy to use, even in Photoshop! I am considering buying the Magic Trackpad

Sam235
Aug 12, 2011, 01:03 AM
Mighty Mouse <3

kasakka
Aug 12, 2011, 01:54 AM

Right clicking and any other buttons your mouse has work just fine on the Mac. The "one button mouse" thing hasn't been around for years.

In any case, I like Logitech mice with the Steermouse driver. Magic Mouse is good if you want something portable but not that great as an everyday mouse.

egi
Aug 12, 2011, 01:59 AM

+1. love the ergonomics

remoteONE
Oct 14, 2011, 08:49 PM

1a. My Macbook 13" (2009 onwards, I dont know about other models) has the USB ports, Wifi and Bluetooth ports on the same internal bus. So if you use a non-apple bluetooth mouse the response can be laggy and jumpy when the burst speed of the wifi connection exceeds about 2.5-3Mbps. Even worse when other resourses (ram and cpu) are stretched.
1b. Using an apple Mouse overcomes this because the Apple mouse "driver" limits gives priority to the bluetooth mouse traffic over any other.
1c. Mouse manufacturers like Logitech dont seem to have picked up in this shortcoming.

2. Ive tried a few Logitech mice and never been happy with any of them.
3. And the MightyMouse is just the wrong shape, feels uncomfortable in the hand.
So where to go from here? Microsoft maybe.

anonymous12
Oct 14, 2011, 09:43 PM
In all honesty, I love the trackpad that is in the macbook pro.

mrsir2009
Oct 14, 2011, 09:45 PM
The trackpad. As Watties would say: What else? ;)

BrickbookPro
Oct 14, 2011, 10:39 PM

Thanks for resurrecting this again to let us know.

JayMBP
Oct 14, 2011, 11:13 PM
BT based:
Razer Orochi

Wired setup:
Razer Mamba

ThomasBoss
Oct 14, 2011, 11:24 PM
The trackpad!

Michael383
Oct 15, 2011, 01:50 AM
My choices are the Magic Mouse or the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX.

miles01110
Oct 15, 2011, 01:56 AM
MX Revolution or the Razer Death Adder.