Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thumb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Hi all,

Subject pretty much says it all. Is there a time or conference when many of these get refreshed?

I am buying before the arrival of first child, but I have until april for that.

I am thinking of the Canon elura 100, the gs300, or the gs500, unless something extraordinary happens in the realm of hdv.

Thanks

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi all,

Subject pretty much says it all. Is there a time or conference when many of these get refreshed?

I am thinking of the Canon elura 100, the gs300, or the gs500, unless something extraordinary happens in the realm of hdv.

Thanks

i think this is really an individual manufacturer thing. it's probably not a standard thing.

my 2 cents: buy a camera at a great price at christmas...film before the baby...film your wife's belly growth (if she'll allow it..some women don't, which is understandable). film the preparation of the baby room... and overall, you'll be come familiar with how to use it so you're not fumbling beforehand.

i did all of this and it's neat to look back.

best of luck,
keebler

Dave the Great

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2004
Hi all,

Thanks

Usually, they announce the new cams at CES in January. They then are released to the stores a month or two after - sometimes, it's earlier or later, but it is usually is in this time frame.

The gs500 is better camera than the gs300, but I think right now the gs300 is a better deal than the gs500. The gs300 is ~ $400, while the 500 is almost twice the price at ~ $700.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.