PDA

View Full Version : Very quick Photoshop question

yg17
Nov 30, 2006, 05:06 PM
I want to vertically and horizontally align text in the center of the canvas, so the text will be right smack dab in the middle. How do I do this in Photoshop CS2? Thanks

Mitthrawnuruodo
Nov 30, 2006, 05:08 PM
Doesn't it help with centre positioned guides and snapping enabled?

yg17
Nov 30, 2006, 05:10 PM
Doesn't it help with centre positioned guides and snapping enabled?

I suppose. Although I was looking for more of a 1 click solution because I'm too lazy to make guides :D

Mydriasis
Nov 30, 2006, 05:14 PM
Select both the text and background layer in your layers palette.

With the move tool selected you can change the alignment in the control bar.

yg17
Nov 30, 2006, 05:30 PM

With the move tool selected you can change the alignment in the control bar.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for :)

Mitthrawnuruodo
Nov 30, 2006, 06:22 PM

With the move tool selected you can change the alignment in the control bar.Cool...

This is one of the new things in CS2, right... I've not seen that in CS (which is what I'm stuck with at the moment... might be time to "borrow" my girlfriend's license... :o ;)).

Freehand has a very similar feature, and I love it, so I've actually missed it in Photoshop... :)

Mydriasis
Nov 30, 2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah, but your tip works just as well. As always in PS there are lots of ways to get the same/similar result. :D

Lebowski
Nov 30, 2006, 07:05 PM
I suppose. Although I was looking for more of a 1 click solution because I'm too lazy to make guides :D

are you kidding? guides take a total of 2 seconds to make. stop being lazy.

vectormasked
Dec 1, 2006, 01:22 AM
You can just select the layer you want to align. Press "CTRL" + "A" to select everything and then click on the tiny icons "Align Vertical Centers" and "align horizontal centers".

This takes only 2 seconds.