Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
I replaced some and now want the originals, any ideas where I can get them? I just want to change back my iCal Icon because there are problems with it (when it displays the date once opened, original icon disappears etc).

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
I replaced some and now want the originals, any ideas where I can get them? I just want to change back my iCal Icon because there are problems with it (when it displays the date once opened, original icon disappears etc).

The more you "mess" with your system, the more likely you're going to "break" it. If you used CandyBar they have a restore option. If this was a manual change of application icon you should have backed up the originals. Other than that, I'm not sure. Maybe use Pacifist to dig down into your install CD?

Xenesis

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
Australia
I thought with most apps you can just get info, click the icon and press delete?

That should delete the custom icon and restore the original..right?

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
If you replaced your icons with the method apple gives (Cmd + V the icon in), then you can go back to your originals in a similar way. get info of the app you want to switch back, click once on the icon to select it (just like the replacing method), but this time, hit Cmd + X, and it'll will go back to the original

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.