PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint - No seriously

ChicoWeb
Dec 1, 2006, 11:55 AM
I almost fell out of my chair watching this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cfs6oFif-_g

Enjoy.

psychofreak
Dec 1, 2006, 12:00 PM
I guess I'm not the paintmeister anymore...:mad: :(

Queso
Dec 1, 2006, 12:07 PM
Wow. Just goes to show that if you know any piece of software well enough and have the talent you can do amazing things.

Very impressive.

gekko513
Dec 1, 2006, 12:18 PM
Wow, if only I had half the talent and skill.

yellow
Dec 1, 2006, 12:25 PM
Impressive.

It probably helps to have a tablet and be a graphics professional though. :)

Mydriasis
Dec 1, 2006, 12:27 PM
thats all it takes, huh? :eek:

pianoman
Dec 1, 2006, 12:52 PM
mesmerizing.

wmmk
Dec 1, 2006, 02:05 PM
wow. just goes to show that it's not the equipment, it's the person. i couldn't make something half that good in PS CS9 ultra pro!

Queso
Dec 1, 2006, 02:28 PM
So hands up who's bought that Nine Inch Nails song since watching this :)

*puts hand up*

tominated
Dec 1, 2006, 04:57 PM
that is just scary...

nitynate
Dec 1, 2006, 06:08 PM
That guy is better than jesus.

7on
Dec 1, 2006, 06:36 PM
pfft masochrist

SkyBell
Dec 1, 2006, 06:45 PM
Damn, makes you wonder why you pay $200 for the latest graphic software, huh? :)

psychofreak
Dec 1, 2006, 06:49 PM
That guy is better than jesus.

Now were in the holiday season, we have to be PC (not the microsoft kind) and say 'that guy is better than a prophet you may or may not choose to believe in'

Snark
Dec 2, 2006, 01:52 AM
Damn, makes you wonder why you pay $200 for the latest graphic software, huh? :)
Well, not really. :D

It's an impressive demonstration of getting a lot out of a little (And of having the patience to build a sandcastle with a teaspoon), but as illustrations go, it's passable, but hardly mind boggling.

I saw a documentary where Picasso drew pictures in a darkened room just using a pen flashlight; it's always been the person and not the software. With that very simple fact in hand, something way too many people seem to grasp, there's really not much of a surprise there. More skilled party trick than notable achievement.

Snark.

dopey220
Dec 2, 2006, 03:24 AM
That's pretty cool, but check THIS out:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/17908194/

ColdFlame87
Dec 2, 2006, 03:38 AM
That's pretty cool, but check THIS out:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/17908194/

Is there proof of him actually drawing that in ms paint or could he just be claiming to have done it there? :D

andy89
Dec 2, 2006, 04:21 AM
I know someone who does that stuff in paint.
It must be a genetic dissorder or something:confused:

HOW?

Ish
Dec 2, 2006, 05:28 AM
wow. just goes to show that it's not the equipment, it's the person. i couldn't make something half that good in PS CS9 ultra pro!

All those extra minute details really brought it alive. How many of us would have got about half way through and thought they'd done a good job?

*puts hand up*

dcv
Dec 2, 2006, 05:32 AM
My jaw dropped. Such attention to detail!

I'm so jealous of people who can draw like that, especially with graphics programs. I wouldn't even be able to do that on paper... even if I traced over the original drawing :o

Ugly car though :D :p

miniConvert
Dec 2, 2006, 05:40 AM
My jaw dropped. Such attention to detail!

I'm so jealous of people who can draw like that, especially with graphics programs. I wouldn't even be able to do that on paper... even if I traced over the original drawing :o

Ugly car though :D :p
What she said! :D

Butters
Dec 2, 2006, 05:58 AM

*puts hand up*

Already had it :)

benthewraith
Dec 2, 2006, 09:22 AM

*puts hand up*

Plans to...and I got to get Sailing Away too.

dextertangocci
Dec 2, 2006, 09:26 AM
O...M...G:eek: :eek: :cool:

sushi
Dec 2, 2006, 09:32 AM
Wow. Just goes to show that if you know any piece of software well enough and have the talent you can do amazing things.

Very impressive.
Well said.

It was very impressive to see the drawing come alive.

xfiftyfour
Dec 2, 2006, 10:24 AM
Wow, that's nuts! I'd seen the other picture, but the car! :eek: He even made the tires look chrome.. wow. Amazing amount of talent out there, for sure.

sushi
Dec 2, 2006, 06:44 PM
Wow, that's nuts! I'd seen the other picture, but the car! :eek: He even made the tires look chrome.. wow. Amazing amount of talent out there, for sure.
I've seen folks use Mac based programs like SuperPaint to do similar type drawings.

It is really impressive to see.

ezekielrage_99
Dec 3, 2006, 01:17 AM
MS Paint is still the king of programs for pixel art, I'm kind of not surprised really.

But totally cool :cool:

Fearless Leader
Dec 3, 2006, 01:26 AM
wow. That just floored me. Glad to see some people have waaayyy too much free time on their hands.

Lixivial
Dec 3, 2006, 01:46 AM
I always find it fascinating to watch artists draw or paint. I'd have loved to watch him do this in realtime in front of me.

Beautiful.

*raises hand*

sushi
Dec 3, 2006, 06:07 AM
I always find it fascinating to watch artists draw or paint. I'd have loved to watch him do this in realtime in front of me.

Beautiful.
Here is some real time sand art:

Example One (http://media1.compfused.com/comp/58oxdwc/sand_art.wmv)

Example Two (http://www.sandfantasy.com/videoclips/videoclips.htm)

lexus
Dec 3, 2006, 08:27 AM
Very very cool

monke
Dec 3, 2006, 11:33 AM
That was amazing. Could you imagine what he could do in Illustrator, or even Photoshop. :p