Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jason13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
Whitby Canada
My wife is buying me a video iPod for Christmas and we were just wondering if we are jumping the gun. Should we wait a little while longer?

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
I recommend you get the g5 for christmas and if the true video ipod comes out just put your g5 on ebay. Nobody knows when the true video ipod comes out and even if it is coming out.

sven945

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2006
I'm confused as to what a "true video" iPod might have on top of what the current breed have... Just enhanced video battery life and a bigger screen?

jack

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
by G5, robPOD meant the fifth generation (5G) iPod. i think putting it up on eBay will cost more than waiting (i.e., you'll lose money in the end), but you never know how long you'll be waiting so if you want it, just go for it. Apple always has something new around the corner.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
You'll be waiting a long time, as a true video iPod will likely never be released by Apple. Steve Jobs has said on several occasions that portable video will never catch on in a big way, though Apple will always market their iPods as music players with video capabilities. One day, they'll have to release a full-screen iPod... so it is definitely a possibility. :) I just wouldn't wait, is all I'm saying.

luv ya bunches, xoxoxo

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
My guess is March. I think the big announcement in January will be the iPhone. If Apple were to release a whole new iPod on January 8th, all those people who just got a shiny new iPod on Dec 25 would be unhappy.. and thats a lot of people to make unhappy all at once.

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
by G5, robPOD meant the fifth generation (5G) iPod. i think putting it up on eBay will cost more than waiting (i.e., you'll lose money in the end), but you never know how long you'll be waiting so if you want it, just go for it. Apple always has something new around the corner.
I was about to say, a G5 iPod would burn you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.